You can type here any text you want

NOS question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
I need some help. Perhaps Hartline or one of the other tuners out there could spare me a moment. I have a TT V8 project & I would like to use nitrous for spool up only. I'm working with a B to B fast system I'm wondering if & how I could use the FAST to trigger the solenoids using the trans brake & RPM signal to shut it off just before it hits the two step rev limiter set to 5000. I don't want it banging the rev limiter & injecting nitrous at the same time for fear of blowing the intake manifold apart.I suppose I could use an external momentary switch to activate it manually but seems a bit primitive as opposed to allowing the ECU to do that for me. Instructions seem a bit vague. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards Lou

I need some help. Perhaps Hartline or one of the other tuners out there could spare me a moment. I have a TT V8 project & I would like to use nitrous for spool up only. I'm working with a B to B fast system I'm wondering if & how I could use the FAST to trigger the solenoids using the trans brake & RPM signal to shut it off just before it hits the two step rev limiter set to 5000. I don't want it banging the rev limiter & injecting nitrous at the same time for fear of blowing the intake manifold apart.I suppose I could use an external momentary switch to activate it manually but seems a bit primitive as opposed to allowing the ECU to do that for me. Instructions seem a bit vague. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards Lou

Very simple to setup Lou.If you don't get your answer here give Don or myself a call.
scott wile

Looks like Scott has you covered. Let me know if you still need help

Has anyone thought of this, since all I want the nitrous for it to get over the hump with spool up screw an adjustable Hobbs ground switch set to 10-15 # which should occur before the two step kicks in & wire it through the trans brake.This sounds like a simple solution or am I missing something ?

Utilizing the N2O outputs on the FAST box would be just as simple and easier to adjust. Buy a bosch relay and wire it up to one of the desired outputs:smile:

Utilizing the N2O outputs on the FAST box would be just as simple and easier to adjust. Buy a bosch relay and wire it up to one of the desired outputs:smile:[/QUOTE

Thanks Scott but]that has been discussed & if you would study the circuit & tell me how you would do that.Would you use TPS or RPM settings to trigger it. Is the fast capable of shutting off the solenoids. It seems that its designed more in favor of turn on & what I have to work with is a classic not XFI.Unfortunately Electrical engineering has never been one of my strong points.

I don't have a classic box in front of me to study but i'm sure one of the outputs is MAP based. Using that output and a bosch relay you can turn your solenoids on/off based on the boost pressure you desire. Combine that with a transbreak input and you're set.

scott wile

Lou, that would work just fine. If you had a normally closed switch that went open at the desired psi it would save you using an extra relay. I would then wire it into the "pink" wire of the NOS plug and use the "white" wire to activate the relay to the solenoid(s).

Lou, that would work just fine. If you had a normally closed switch that went open at the desired psi it would save you using an extra relay. I would then wire it into the "pink" wire of the NOS plug and use the "white" wire to activate the relay to the solenoid(s).

Thanks Cal,It had it all figured out how to do it with an extra relay.But if say this will work I will look into it. I don't have as much experience with FAST as you certainly have. So if I were to do that, the next thing would be setting the up program to activate it. Never played with the NOS part of it. But I'm sure I can figure it out.Perhaps you can offer a little tutorial on how you that's done.

Just "T" into the trans-brake wire and run it across a normally closed Hobb switch to the pink "NOS Enable" wire on your harness. Then connect the white "NOS wire" to pin 85 on a relay and wire relay pins 30 & 86 to power and 87 to the NOS Solenoid. If you are using a low fuel pressure switch, then run that to pin 86.

For simplicity's sake, I usually use a dry setup with just one solenoid and one jet. Please don't hesitate to call me and I can tell you exactly what values to put in the NOS tables.

When in doubt read the instructions, The problem is just when I get up to speed another six months go buy without useing it & have to start all over again. The set up is very simple to understand unlike Motec which has too many ways to screw up. Cal I will call you when I'm ready & again apprciate the offer.

Back