You can type here any text you want

NOS screen setup on DFI ver. 6.32

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickboy

I am running a DFI ver 6.32 and am currently using the NOS feature to trigger my engine vacuum pump at a set RPM. Problem is I did not realize that somehow the Retard block on that screen was set for 10 degrees timing retard for 2 seconds. Can someone tell me if it was truely retarding the timing or does something else have to trigger the NOS to retard timing?

Mitch

good luck on this..I just plled my complete gen 7 w/ wideband {that was brand new} to purchase an XFI.. there are only a couple people in the country that can help you with that thing...and they aren"t very helpful..

good luck on this..I just plled my complete gen 7 w/ wideband {that was brand new} to purchase an XFI.. there are only a couple people in the country that can help you with that thing...and they aren"t very helpful..

Have to disagree with you there.
The old school DFI is well known and there are many people still running it and supporting it. Nothing at all wrong with it. All the recent stuff have lots of bells and whistles and many people think if they spend the $2K on the latest version their car will magically go faster. Not true. As you have found out with a poorly supported Gen VII (very different than the well proven, known, and supported Gen VI) sometimes the latest thing is not that great if you can not tune it. It may be from poor instructions, user ability, support, and sometimes even bugs in the system but a well tuned ancient system will still beat a poorly tuned system of the weak.

That being said, if you can swing it the later systems will provide you with more options and I highly recommend them. For some people a $400 used gen6 will work just fine versus something newer and more expensive. Others feel they need the latest version or system every time one comes out.

Mitch, we'll get together and get your setup back to a good baseline.

Greg Kring
ex stage II owner
BG quick 16 winner

greg you may be right. but on the east coast I don"t know of more than 3 or 4 people that are familiar with the accell..and getting support from them is impossable.. it was on a stage 2 car I bought.. figured I"d tinker with it being as I was very familiar with the fast system.. talk about night and day..but haveing had to change estimateing software in my bussiness before I understand change can sometimes be hard....but a vender said it best.. you can pick up a phone and call just about anybody in the COUNTRY and they can help you with the xfi/fast.... that being said it was a no-brainer for me... money was not the object. getting the car tuned was..when I bought the car apparently the guy screwed with the tune, and staightening it out was much more difficult than it would/should have been with being familiar with the fast system...there is that much differance between the two.. steve

Back