You can type here any text you want

NOS take off GN wheels/tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stage1gn

For sale is a MINT set of NOS take off GN rims and tires from ASC during the GNX build . I have had these for a few years , they have always been in my heated garage . The previous owner of them relayed on that they were take offs from ASC . The person he had got them from claims to have had ownership of them since and however they left from ASC .
I believe this to be true as the date codes on the tires and the rims fall into place of the correct time frame of them being on a GN destined to be a GNX . Two of the tires have date code 187 (April) and the other two are 237 (May) . The rims are date coded as such : (1) 5-23-87 , (2) 5-26-87 , (1) 5-27-87 .
When I got them they still had the factory protective coating on the rims that the dealer is/was to remove . I did not realize this is what that was until after cleaning one , then realizing I did not do the other 3 .
Also to note , you can tell a center cap was never installed either , as there are no evident marks of contact with anything else other than lug nuts , again , how they were sent to ASC . Three of the four tires still have the yellow sticker on them for line up of the valve stem hole in the rim .
The tires are in amazing shape , still very black , not fading or dry rotting at all . Close inspection anywhere on any of the tires you will not see any dry rot or cracks !!!! The nubs are still very large and present .
These would be great for someone with a real low mile GN that is brought to shows , put them on there for display to really capture that original day one look !!!! Or someone that now , 29 years later , is doing a concourse resto . Or...... someone with a GNX that would like to put together a collection of pre GNX parts to have displayed in the garage showing the parts that were removed to make a GNX !!!! Or just someone that is into collecting rare NOS GN parts .
Remember , these are production line rims and tires , not blem NOS ones .

I have contemplated selling these for a while now , looking for $3,200 . I am offering them here first , as usual before I put them on Ebay . I am in central Ct , I would like pick up in person , not going to ship them . To big ,to heavy , and not going to take the risk shipping them . Plus , you can see/touch them in person before you buy them .

Thank you TB .

Attachments

• IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_2403.JPG
    IMG_2403.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
More pics....

Attachments

• IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 216
More pics....

Attachments

• IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 170
More....

Attachments

• IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 151
Bump for a really good guy and seller....GLWS! Anyone looking to buy these can be 100% confident in what they are buying and these are the real deal.

B-

Bump .... new price @ $3,200 . Very rare to see these . Repo tires are $1,400 . Reconditioned rims are $1,200 . These are NOS , assembly line , not blems .

Thanks for the positive reply. Yes , haven't seen another set ever . I'm sure back in the day they were out there as when those wheels and tires were removed at ASC , 547 sets had to go somewhere !!!! Remember Kirban having a set , but again that was a long time ago . I'm pretty much at my bottom price now , anything lower , I'm going to keep them as people are paying $1,500-$1,800 for re-chromed sets of rims , nevermind the tires . Repo's would set you back about $1,400 ( I know this cause I had a set ) , NTM , they are not 100% correct , they have the white letters on them , so if you want them to be black walls , you must turn them around , now the lettering is not raised as high as normal it should be .
If they don't sell , no biggy , I've had these for years now . When I repaint my GN and want that factory look (tires) , then I'd be better off keeping these rather than sell for less than my asking , as I'd have to drop $1,400 for just the tires ?
Just seen NOS tires on the bay , but are dry rotting and cracking, these are not the case , they are mint . As some say , would you trust driving on these ? I know many guys still rolling on the orig tires . The 1,400 mile GN I just sold a couple years ago , still has them on it and is doing fine .

Hey Guys I know this has been ask before but how did they come from the factory ? Where they all white letter on one side and black wall on the other ? And when you would buy a car which way would the come on the car ? Sorry for all the questions Thanks Keith
And that's a great price on them , very nice

Hey Guys I know this has been ask before but how did they come from the factory ? Where they all white letter on one side and black wall on the other ? And when you would buy a car which way would the come on the car ? Sorry for all the questions Thanks Keith
And that's a great price on them , very nice
White letters on a GN was an option , otherwise they came blackwall . With that said , the repo tires for our GN's come with white letters , if you don't want the white letters, yes, you turn them to the inside . The problem with that is the lettering is raised or "thicker" than the opposite side lettering , so if you turn them around the lettering appears smoother than it should( I had a set of the repos) .

Back