Nos

I have but blew up my tranny before I got to use it. :mad: I have the Thrasher wet system plate (wet kit) along with the Top Gun kit which includes 25, 50, and 75 hp pills. Once the tranny gets fixed I'll report back.

What about alky

Probibly should be a new thread but what about an alcohal system? Any one using one? Which system and where are you spraying?

Hey TRYMY, which burb are you in?

Urbs

I'm to the west in Glen Ellyn (inbetween Schaumburg and Naperville).

People do run water injection with mixed results. I haven't heard of an alcohol injection.

My plate goes between the MAF and the blower. You can get the plate from www.thrashercharged.com and get a generic wet kit to go along with it. I'd recomenddoing a fuel pump to be on the safe side (I haven't got around to doing that yet). If I can find my digital camera I'll e-mail you some pics if you want.

I plan to run alky/water injection after the TB and tune it to knock. The only other perftormance product will be Bailey's Timing tweaking gadget. Bump the timing up and use octane/alky/water to prevent knock. This attack should prevent any unneccessary wear caused by a smaller pulley. :)

Yes, Yes it will. Just not my style though, since I'm not supplying any extra air I don't think that the MAFT+ would do anything for me.

Great all around piece though.

MAF Translator Plus

Allows you to run a corvette Mass Air Sensor, and tweak the timing.

Call Ramchargers

oh

I see, thats all new to me.

BTW PRSRIZD, which injection system are you considering? Are you going to use a thrasher type spacer after the TB and inject there or are you going to drill and tap a hole right at the SC? Obviously the spacer is easier because you dont have to remove and dismantle the SC to do it.

This is the only one I have seen pictures of installed. He drilled and tapped, look under mods.
http://www.rodney.chalker.com/

Also, I think the thrasher plate is Aluminum, I have also seen a phenolic one. If I ever do this, the Phenolic would be much easier to mill down. Any thoughts on this?

I might have a phenolic laying around if you want one. The MAFT+ will work with our MAF's, no need to convert to another one.

Phenolic

You have a TB spacer or a chunk of phenolic?

This project isnt high on the lisrt but, how much are you asking?

more questions, :p what do you mean by mixed results?
why do you have to adjust the timing, wont the 'puter figure it out on its own?

Are you going to be out and about this weekend? Im in streamwood, near schaumburg.

Thanks for the info
:p

I have an actual phenolic spacer that goes between the MAF and the blower. I wouldn't trust the computer to pull out timing with nitrous on a wet kit (since the computer doesn't even know it's there).

Some people say the H2O injection works to reduce knock, some people say it didn't help at all. I don't like the idea of water combusting along with the fuel, I'd much rather have nitrous and use that as an intercooler as well as adding power.

Alcohol injection works! Trust me, read the Alky injection section on this board.

I don't see the computer pulling a whole lot of timing just because of the nitrous wet or dry, granted the cold air may cause for a correction, but I assume it's on the A/F side mainly. I think a wet kit, colder plugs gapped accordingly, and maybe a splash off 100octane would be ideal.

I never said alky doesn't work. It hasn't been done to GP's as far as I've heard. I was talking about H2O injection.

I run 100 octane anyways when I go to the track. The MAFT+ can lean or richen your mixture out as well as timing.

As far as plugs, 2 heat ranges colder in copper work.

Nitrous May cool the air coming in, but it burns hotter than the flames in hell once its set off. If you dont add enough fuel for the Oxygen that it is pushing in you will run so lean you can forget knock, what about melting your pistons?

That's why I said to tune with the MAFT+ and make sure you have the highest octane gas you can get.

A MAFT+ will not do it for much of a shot. I always recomend a wet system to anyone. Thery are just safer.