You can type here any text you want

Not reaching full boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well this winter I installed a PT51 and the ported elbow it came with and the adjustable wastegate. It's just a stock style wastegate with the adjustable rod. I also got a Turbo Tweak chip that's good for 23 psi, however I can't get my boost above about 18 psi. I have turned the rod all the way in to it's shortest length and still am not getting any more boost. What could cause this? I thought it might not be the little puck in the elbow for the wastegate not seating right but how would you adjust that? Any help would be appreciated.

either get a heavyduty actuator or a rjc boost controller and youll be good to go.id go with the rjc controller personally. half the price and youll spool the turbo quicker.:D

Originally posted by turbot2112
either get a heavyduty actuator or a rjc boost controller and youll be good to go.id go with the rjc controller personally. half the price and youll spool the turbo quicker.:D

Yeah that would be one way to probably solve it but not the way I would prefer to do it. It doesn't make sense why that would be the only way to do it because since the chip is set for 23 psi so that will set the wastegate solenoid (I think that's what it's called the piece on the valve cover) will adjust the amount of air that is released to atmosphere instead of to the wastgate. So it would be set for the stock wastegate strength. Atleast I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

low relative boost

Hi,
No hoses mixed up or missing orifices, right? In that case, I would change the actuator, see what happens.

Back