You can type here any text you want

Not seeing WB O2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tazgn

I'm having problems VERY similar to iroctt. I've been fighting a problem with the A/F ration being sensed by the sensor locking up on some random numbers. Now the system isn't even seeing the O2 sensor. Some data taken while the car is running :

VEGOR 2.59
VEGOS 1.06
VEGO 3.53
WB O2 0
Code 8

These values don't change no matter the RPM. And O2 corrections stay at 0. The value showing for O2 is anything from 0.00 to 15.94, but doesn't change at all until a different random number is displayed the next time I start the car. I have never run race gas through this sensor. Is there some other troubleshooting I can do? How about the possibility of any broken wires? Which pins into the box correspond to the pins at the O2 connector? I'll do some continuity checks.
As a side note, when I switched over to CCom WP from the DOS version, how did the O2 sensor calibration files get swapped over????? Both folders have a 'sensors' file. But I thought each O2 sensor had it's own configuration file that came with the system when new. The upgrades obviously don't have your specific O2 sensor data with it... Just a question...

Derrick

I hope Craig has some answers for you. AS far as i know, the calibration file goes into the ecm, as part as the firmware. WHen you use the calibration disk when you buy a new sensor, you actually change the values "in the ecm chip". Thus being, any software you use should be able to read it, if its dos or WP. It not seeing the sensor is not a good sign. Where is your sensor located and in what position?

I hope Craig has an answer other than replacing a multi-hundred dollar sensor too. My sensor is located in the "stock" location before the turbo. I do have ATR headers, but the sensor is in the stock location.

Derrick

Back