Not shifting properly and noisy at idle

Lone_Domino

Engine & Trans were transplanted from an 84 t-type into my son's ElCamino. I haven't had any transmission issues for a year but Friday night he called complaining that it wasn't shifting correctly. I drove it to work today and it seemed fine until I got into the next town. It then would not shift into 4th. Coming home today again it was ok when cold but as it warmed up it didn't want to shift. It was not stuck in 3rd, it will free-wheel when you let off but it is not going into 4th. If you floor it and then back off it will take OD. I adjusted the TV and it is correct, even tried going 1 notch in either direction and it just made 1-2-3 bad. After getting it out to my shop I noticed there is a rattling noise when it is in either drive or reverse. Park or Neutral are quiet. Fluid is clean and full.

Any ideas?

Dropped the pan tonight and it was very clean. There was a little debris in the pan, nothing out of the ordinary and no shavings what so ever. I put a new filter in (and installed a drain plug and magnet) and no change. I still have a squeaking/chirping noise coming from it when it is in gear. I'm wondering if a valve is stuck in the valve body or if the pump is going out...