Noticable Oil consumption

How do the other plugs look? If just #6 is oily then check if the intake valve stem seal is riding the stem (BTDT). If that isn't it pressurize the plenum and check if air is blowing out the breather. That is a sign of a bad intake gasket or cracked intake.

RemoveBeforeFlight

All the other plugs are in pristine condition. I've also taken the pcv out of the equation by unplugging it from the plenum and it still smokes. I went as far as to remove the plenum to check to see if there is oil and its also clean.

How do I go by pressurizing the plenum??

Have you called Billy yet? I would say it's gotta come out. Look at the oil rings/expander, intake valve seal.

Yes I have and they mentioned having the intake valve seal for cylinder 8 looked at prior to going down the path of removing the head and also check the valve guide as well.

All the other plugs are in pristine condition. I've also taken the pcv out of the equation by unplugging it from the plenum and it still smokes. I went as far as to remove the plenum to check to see if there is oil and its also clean.

How do I go by pressurizing the plenum??

Air compressor and an adapter to connect it to the TB. Quite a few examples of adapters around as a lot of folks do this to check for boost leaks.

As for checking the valve stem seal, if your car still has A/C it likely won't be easy. But pull the valve cover and use a small dental type mirror and a strong light. If #6 intake valve is open rotate the engine to close it. Then observe the location of the seal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Air compressor and an adapter to connect it to the TB. Quite a few examples of adapters around as a lot of folks do this to check for boost leaks.

As for checking the valve stem seal, if your car still has A/C it likely won't be easy. But pull the valve cover and use a small dental type mirror and a strong light. If #6 intake valve is open rotate the engine to close it. Then observe the location of the seal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Should I use a valley pan gasket which it has now of the felpro 1200? I have champion irons.

A valley pan does keep the hot oil off the bottom of the intake manifold. But being an air-gap design not sure if that is really required.

RemoveBeforeFlight

A valley pan does keep the hot oil off the bottom of the intake manifold. But being an air-gap design not sure if that is really required.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Good point on the valley pan keeping most of the oil from reaching the bottom of the manifold as oppose to the 1200. I think I'm going to go with valley pan as they work just fine if they are properly installed with permatex.

They also keep oil splash from hitting the PCV valve directly (and causing the smoke show it will entail).

Good day members- The GN is no longer puffing blue smoke (burning oil) so here's what i did. Roughly about 2 months ago when I had the engine refreshed is when I noticed when the oil got hot it would smoke. At that point ONLY plug #6 was getting fouled. Many of you provided great feedback on what to look for in trying to isolate the issue. So this past weekend I removed the intake and plugs. Come to find out I now had roughly 3 fouled plugs which let me to believe the intake gasket was the culprit. I went ahead and replaced the valley pan style with the Felpro 1200 gasket this past Friday. Since then I have taken the car out on 3 separate occasions and its no longer smoking out the tail-pipe. It looks as thought the issue was related to poor sealing with the valley pan gasket.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help with this. Very much appreciated!!