You can type here any text you want

Noticed strange things today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nightdiver

I went to download a new file at the ecm and i noticed that the fan was on and the dash displayed :Fan 0
This is the first one , then i press the pedal and the fan stops:confused:
I let it and it starts again
it goes on at 78% throttle and off at 79%
Is the ecm closing the fan when it goes more than 79% ?
Thanks

FAN??

ND, Is this w/ a FAST system?? Iv'e got the Felpro version and the fan is set for on and off using temps, not the throttle..
?????:confused:

Yes its a Fast. I have the temps setted at 190* since this is not my main fan.
When i park the truck the temps are arround 175-185 * on a hot day
If i go back in a few minutes the temps are like 195 or so so the fast normally grounds the circ.
This is the time that if i depress the pedal the fan stops
It might have been designed that way to have all the "volts" you might need for the ignition and the fuel pumps and whatever......

NEW 1 ON ME!!

I think I'll defer this 1 to Craig or Lance!! Anyone else aware of how the system is designed that would do this??

Above 80% TPS the fan output is disabled. If the car is floored, it's a fair assumption your are going fast enough to get a breeze across the radiator anyways. It's also to make sure that the fan doesn't load things down to the point where the injectors, fuel pump, etc. don't have enough power to run properly.

Nightdiver!!!

You didn't say in your original post that the engine was HOT!!! That would have helped to figure it out...

It sounded like you were going out with a cold engine and the fan would come on when the key was turned (first thing in the morning)

mumble mumble mumble

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back