Now GNX #474 is on eBay...

Im out

Just retracted my bid . The posted pics show at least four mods. The engine bay is nice but not perfect as on 398. Just do not trust his description after the new photos.

474 gnx

i want to let eveyone know that car is as nice as the pics....that car is the cleanest i ever seen and is truely kept in a carpeted garage by a buick nut......he eats sleeps and s**ts buicks....he built that garage for the x and his gn.....trust me that car is 100% and the cleanest x you will find ...he layed on his back waxing undercarage.......the gastank is cleared.....this car is mint..wish i had the $$$...jealousy will get some people no where :p

lv2tikt said:
i want to let eveyone know that car is as nice as the pics....that car is the cleanest i ever seen and is truely kept in a carpeted garage by a buick nut......he eats sleeps and s**ts buicks....he built that garage for the x and his gn.....trust me that car is 100% and the cleanest x you will find ...he layed on his back waxing undercarage.......the gastank is cleared.....this car is mint..wish i had the $$$...jealousy will get some people no where :p

I was trying to figure out why the gas tank looked different :confused:

bilt2run said:
Just retracted my bid . The posted pics show at least four mods. The engine bay is nice but not perfect as on 398. Just do not trust his description after the new photos.

What mods did you notice ?

Gnx

:) Noticed the fuel tank, breathers, alternator, IC hoses, trunk kit, wrong hat...that was at a quick glance.
I am sure it is a fine example, but I only buy untouched(factory) examples at that price. I like every tag, sticker and clamp in place and unaltered.

What's with the same guy bidding 10 different times for the same amount? Seems a little shady.

DCVING 6 said:
What's with the same guy bidding 10 different times for the same amount? Seems a little shady.

Ebay is goofy when you place a max bid - it will take that bid, then come back and ask you again for a bid - bidders put the same amount again and it displays multiple bids with the same amount, but with different bid times...

mikesvwservice said:
Ebay is goofy when you place a max bid - it will take that bid, then come back and ask you again for a bid - bidders put the same amount again and it displays multiple bids with the same amount, but with different bid times...

Ok, I just looked at the bids. The guy with the numerous bids set his max amount, so everytime someone bid higher than his current bid, eBay automatically bids for him upping the bid until he is high bidder. I don't know the increments - but they are modest...

I'm sure there is someone on this board who knows it better and can explain it better...

mikesvwservice said:
Ok, I just looked at the bids. The guy with the numerous bids set his max amount, so everytime someone bid higher than his current bid, eBay automatically bids for him upping the bid until he is high bidder. I don't know the increments - but they are modest...

I'm sure there is someone on this board who knows it better and can explain it better...

He kept on bidding himself up every few seconds. the higher bid will always be at the top. Americanmuscle bypassed the high bidder when he started bidding on the 19th with his $65.2. He kept bidding himself up to 69.3 against no one.

zaj came in on the 20th with 67.5, but note how american was still higher on an earlier day. zaj came back with 68.5 and still was not winning. american was still higher. zaj overtook american at 69.5. American tried to overbid, only matched zaj bid.

I am sure I confused you even more, but if american had bid up to 69.3 the first time, his name would not keep reappearing, only the person bidding against him until he was overtaken.

Can't anwser why he kept doing that, but if I were the seller, I would beware.

PS, anyone interested, from Hemmings . . .

BUICK: 1987 GNX Number 148. This is a very rare, absolutely perfect, 372mi car. Collector maintained. Clean and original as its delivery date. Additional picts available. $65,000. Contact: John, jmallamo@csi.com, PA Category: Collector Date Posted: 01/17/06