Now GNX #474 is on eBay...

jusa6 said:
the seller is bidding also bytheway :mad:

Definitely a strange auction. I actually offered the guy 70K before Bilt told us about it.
Funny how it keeps getting bid up to the same point(around 69500-69700) :confused:

I bid 70k and withdrew when I saw the shill bidder and the mods. A 500 mile car should be untouched. It is far too easy to disconnect the speedo on a GN. The only thing you lose is overdrive and the speedo of course.

gnx 474 CONFUSION

hi guys to straiten this out first off i am not the seller, i was made aware of it coming for sale and i was trying to keep in buick group by offering it to turbo viperman knowing he is a serious buyer and trying to save it from ebay. i dont own it and i am not the guy that has posted on ebay . i bid to my highest level which i have every right to do and any normal buick guy would love to have this car for my high bid...the car is 100% perfect and then better with little mods like heavier duty clamps and breathers, i would bet my life this guy has all original stuff to put back on it and yea detailed to the extreme. this car is ready for world of wheels car shows and in no way is the owner bidding on his own vehicle. and also as for the offers to shut down auction..yes viper did offer 70k after turning down initial offer to purchase for 70 saying too much.. and was told no due to others bidding ...it wont happen in fairness to everyone bidding and the ones with zero have been screened and with the auction owners permission they are bidding...ALSO LETS ALL NOT FORGET THAT THERES ONLY 547 OF THESE AND HOW MANY ARE STILL AROUND? CHECK OUT OTHER ITEMS FROM THE SELLER NICE LETTERMAN GN JACKETS. AND GREAT PRICES..

lv2tikt said:
hi guys to straiten this out first off i am not the seller, i was made aware of it coming for sale and i was trying to keep in buick group by offering it to turbo viperman knowing he is a serious buyer and trying to save it from ebay. i dont own it and i am not the guy that has posted on ebay . i bid to my highest level which i have every right to do and any normal buick guy would love to have this car for my high bid...the car is 100% perfect and then better with little mods like heavier duty clamps and breathers, i would bet my life this guy has all original stuff to put back on it and yea detailed to the extreme. this car is ready for world of wheels car shows and in no way is the owner bidding on his own vehicle. and also as for the offers to shut down auction..yes viper did offer 70k after turning down initial offer to purchase for 70 saying too much.. and was told no due to others bidding ...it wont happen in fairness to everyone bidding and the ones with zero have been screened and with the auction owners permission they are bidding...ALSO LETS ALL NOT FORGET THAT THERES ONLY 547 OF THESE AND HOW MANY ARE STILL AROUND? CHECK OUT OTHER ITEMS FROM THE SELLER NICE LETTERMAN GN JACKETS. AND GREAT PRICES..

It just looks fishy when theres a zero bidder that is newly registered and is outbidding everybody at the same pace. I was waiting for the auction to end and enter my bid, but in true honest it just made me think twice. I am also looking to purchase a GNX with no less than 500 miles. I have contacted the owner of the last GNX#547,and i offered him 120,000$,he turned it down... :(

jusa6

just to inform you you musta banged your head on headbord last night and caused you to have your wet dream about 547, because i dont know who you made that offer to but it wasnt the owner of 547and i know for sure of that, as for contacting him did you get his number off the registry?.....or from the vin number?.....keep the hype going it makes for good storys at the swap meets and the buick events.....but please dont drag us honest buick fans thru mud with untrue stories....thanks again very dear friend of "THE FORTUNATE ONE".... :) oh and also the bidders on 474 are true bidders with permission and i guess when you see the guy wit 0 feedback registering the gnx you will eat crow.....thanks again and hey good luck bidding....maybe youll own a x someday.

lv2tikt said:
just to inform you you musta banged your head on headbord last night and caused you to have your wet dream about 547, because i dont know who you made that offer to but it wasnt the owner of 547and i know for sure of that, as for contacting him did you get his number off the registry?.....or from the vin number?.....keep the hype going it makes for good storys at the swap meets and the buick events.....but please dont drag us honest buick fans thru mud with untrue stories....thanks again very dear friend of "THE FORTUNATE ONE".... :) oh and also the bidders on 474 are true bidders with permission and i guess when you see the guy wit 0 feedback registering the gnx you will eat crow.....thanks again and hey good luck bidding....maybe youll own a x someday.

Joe,

It does look funny the way the way the bidding has gone so far. I'm sure you can understand that.
What makes me now believe that the bidding is real, is the fact that he turned my 70K offer 2 days ago.

P.S. Joe, can you tell me if the car was ever raced ? Any truth to this ?

I only glanced at the bidding not looking at the history of bidders.
I can say this, the owner who is listed as 'seekme1', who also owns GNX 547, wife does a great job on the GN clothing. I realize is not the issue but I did want to mention is because the leatherman jacket she sells with the name on it was made for me and is awsome. She returned a GN polo shirt without question for me and she has and deserves the great feedback she has. Although I don't know them personally, I think through my contact with her that they are honest people. Christ, I remember back in the day Miller Motors in Baltimore had a GNX at $30K, the normal $10K over sticker and to think someone has # 547 trips me out as how in the world dod you manage to get the last one. Someone must have had big money and big conncetions. I have an 86 and that sweet enough for me, now 20 years old baby and low production numbers.

lv2tikt said:
As far as the other member stating that his offer was turned down at 120,000 I beleive he is telling the truth. I have also been in contact with the owner of #547 who told me that 150,000. would buy the car, not anything less, she also informed me that a 120,000 offer was rejected. And I do own not one but two, so there is no need for me to chat and make up swap meet stories.

Someone with negtive feedback (-1) bid it up in the last few minutes...
Wonder if it will be back up for sale...
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:

Someone with negtive feedback (-1) bid it up in the last few minutes...
Wonder if it will be back up for sale...
BW

The last $15,000 sure looked pretty strange. :eek:

lv2tikt said:
Well, im not going to get into this INTERNET feuding match with you buddy! :biggrin: :rolleyes: . Anyways, like i said i have contacted the owner BEFORE, Offered , refused, end of story.

GNX 233 said:
As far as the other member stating that his offer was turned down at 120,000 I beleive he is telling the truth. I have also been in contact with the owner of #547 who told me that 150,000. would buy the car, not anything less, she also informed me that a 120,000 offer was rejected. And I do own not one but two, so there is no need for me to chat and make up swap meet stories.
:biggrin: :mad: pissed off at my 120k offer :mad:

jusa6 said:
Well, im not going to get into this INTERNET feuding match with you buddy! :biggrin: :rolleyes: . Anyways, like i said i have contacted the owner BEFORE, Offered , refused, end of story.

I guess this whole point is moot if the e-mail I received about 547 is true. Sold two days ago, on it way to a new owner. This is from the seller of 474.

Yes I owned 547 for the past 19 years and it left last night to a new home at an undislosed price.
Ron

70Mach1 said:
I guess this whole point is moot if the e-mail I received about 547 is true. Sold two days ago, on it way to a new owner. This is from the seller of 474.

Just wishing it had gone my way. :( > Nevertheless, happy for the new owner :eek: :biggrin:

lv2tikt said:
and bytheway i own a GNX :D or i guess it's a wet dream that came dry a few years ago. :biggrin: