You can type here any text you want

Now selling rear coil over kits

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The BEST way to know what pound spring you need is to have your car "Scaled" by individual scales on each tire so you can get corner weights, front weight, rear weight, and a total overall weight...

Companies can get pretty darn close by knowing just your Front & Rear weight of the car. Example: My front is 1,955 lbs & Rear is 1,456 lbs

The BEST way to know what pound spring you need is to have your car "Scaled" by individual scales on each tire so you can get corner weights, front weight, rear weight, and a total overall weight...

Companies can get pretty darn close by knowing just your Front & Rear weight of the car. Example: My front is 1,955 lbs & Rear is 1,456 lbs

Okay, so your cars nose is 1,955 divided by 2 = 977.5

Now what? What does that give you? Obviously a 977 lb spring would be a smidge too stiff, so how do they figure out what to run?

http://buickgn.com/gbodyrearcoiloverkits.htm Info on spring rates is right on my site. This is what is recommended.

Spring Rates: For a soft stock like ride we recommend a 130# spring. For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For handling performance we recommend a 175# spring. For road racing we recommend a 200# spring.

Okay, so your cars nose is 1,955 divided by 2 = 977.5

Now what? What does that give you? Obviously a 977 lb spring would be a smidge too stiff, so how do they figure out what to run?

Yeah it's obvious that 977 lb springs would be a tad bit too stiff..... Without going into complete detail one takes those weights and enters them into a "Spring rate calculator" along with a few other measurements to come up with the correct spring for your car or you can call the company direct and give them your weights and they will let you know what spring they recommend. But it all starts with the vehicle weights!

Yeah it's obvious that 977 lb springs would be a tad bit too stiff..... Without going into complete detail one takes those weights and enters them into a "Spring rate calculator" along with a few other measurements to come up with the correct spring for your car or you can call the company direct and give them your weights and they will let you know what spring they recommend. But it all starts with the vehicle weights!

Thanks for explaining that brother, I appreciate it! (better go cancel my 977lb front spring order now... ;) )

Back