Now would probably be as good a time as any for the Iraqis to begin panicing

The officers said the tank unit fired two 120 mm high velocity depleted uranium rounds straight down the main road, creating a powerful vacuum that literally sucked guerrillas out from their hideaways into the street, where they were shot down by small arms fire or run over by the tanks.
Uhhh...Whoa! :eek:

wait till it is all over and the 4th Inf Div. tankers out of Ft. Hood tell what they have been using! You will be impressed at technology.

SFC Chapman
US Army

Originally posted by tc86gn
wait till it is all over and the 4th Inf Div. tankers out of Ft. Hood tell what they have been using! You will be impressed at technology.

SFC Chapman
US Army

tell us!

The officers said the tank unit fired two 120 mm high velocity depleted uranium rounds straight down the main road, creating a powerful vacuum that literally sucked guerrillas out from their hideaways into the street, where they were shot down by small arms fire or run over by the tanks.
Guess they could call that the "Hoover-manuever"! :D

You don't always win when you're facing the knife with superior technology....

Watching the war on TV. I see a face that is vaguely famfiliar....He's a POW :(

We met CWO Williams the day he graduated from flight training at Ft Rucker, AL. He was "stick buddy" to my son, who also graduated that day almost four years ago. We stood and visited and celebrated the termination of a long, hard program. "Stick buddy" means that he and my son flew with the same instructor pilot while learning to fly the helicopter. You really get to know your stick buddy.

Having graduated Fort Rucker in 1971, it was a happy day for all concerned. I was an old, experienced, Air Force Combat Rescue pilot to these young guys just graduating that day. I wish there was something more I could do to help this heroic American out of his plight. It could have been my son there on the screen....or myself in years long forgotten. A wake up call to remind me that freedom isn't free.

His Apache let him down....On the ground for just minutes, he discovered that he had brought the knife to a gun fight :(

May God bless America, and those who eagerly and valiantly defend her, as they bring liberty to the oppressed and down trodden. :)

Originally posted by tc86gn

SFC Chapman
US Army

What about the 24th Mechanized from Fort Stewart? I haven't heard anything about those guys so I'm wondering if they are still available? With the firepower those boys have they could make a real mess. :)