You can type here any text you want

NT01 Review

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
I've been running Nitto NT01 on my Z06 for a couple years now and really like them. So I decided if 275 40 17 could handle the Buick's 10 sec tune on the street. If its cold at 32 psi in the tires and 20+ psi boost off the turbo, no way, they light up like anything else, but on a sunny warm day, aired down to 25 psi, these things stick. I backed the boost ramp down with a lighter wastegate spring and still at 20 psi (10.9-11.2 @ 121 tune), floor the loud pedal and it hooks and you're breaking the speed limit even though they aren't drag radials. NT01 I went to a track rental to try to get 60 ft times, but it rained out Saturday. I'm planning on TnT in the next couple weeks to get some hard data to see if they can launch consistently. I'm still running Sumitomo's up front until they wear out, then I'll switch to NT01 245 45 17 up there too, hopefully in time for TB.com Nats to run the same tires in AutoX and Heads Up...

6m88aj7

I'll switch to NT01 245 45 17 up there too, hopefully in time for TB.com Nats to run the same tires in AutoX and Heads Up...
Glad to see someone else planing on attending the TB.com Auto-X event! I was starting to wonder if I was going to be the only one there....

BTW: Those are some good tires!

I hope we aren't the only ones running autox. I dare say it, autox is more fun than drag racing since it lasts longer than 10 seconds and it still requires a good launch to start. I'm planning on going to a Corvette driving school over in Palm Beach to get high speed certified so I can start running the weekend HPDE's at Sebring next year. You get to spend hours on the track for something like $350 a day, at which point a massive brake and suspension upgrade will be required to the Buick...

Made it to the track late, and it was already going away. The drag radial cars were spinning when trying to leave easy. That meant the NT01 which was aired down to 20 psi and has a treadwear rating of 100, although sticky, it would spin with a poor track surface. However, once I got a couple feet out at maybe 5 mph and on the non tore up surface, I gave it wot and it grabbed and hooked no problem. I think with a proper prepped track it would work well.

Back