You can type here any text you want

O2 pegged at 15.94

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonydee64

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum... but I can tell that you guys who your stsuff from reading past posts. From reading past posts I learned that 15.94 is pegged for the wideband O2 sensor.... I have a fast ECU. My o2 sensor does get hot.. but at idle (I've never had the car on the road so I don't know what it does at cruise, etc.). I also called the FAST tech help and they said that if none of my O2 parameters showed up in red that means my O2 sensor is OK. Is that true. Anyway.. since I've had this car running I have never noticed the computer making an O2 adjustment... I am running in Speed Density and have the O2 enabled box checked. My O2 correction table is set at +-25 on the lower rows so I was thinking that it should be doing something. The O2 sensor does not rattle when I shake it (someone said this was a test to perform). If I do not have a bad sensor the only other thing I can think of is my VE values at idle are set at 30-40.... Could it be that with these values the car runs so lean that it doesn't even try to make a correction...?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated..!!! Thanks.

Just so you know, there are settings that allow the WB to become active only in a certain RPM range. If the minimum is 2000 RPM, for example, then you won't see any WB correction at idle.

The goal of your VE table is to make the target A/F ratio match the actual A/F ratio. If your target is 14:1 and your actual is 15.94, you should increase the VE value in that cell until actual=target (or very close).

-Bob Cunningham

Thanks Bob, I have my high closed loop set at 600 and the closed loop low set at 500. My closed loop min. temp. is at 50 degrees.

Does that help? I can't figure this out.....

I'm in Indianapolis.... I have checked and as far as I can tell there are no FAST tuners in this area......

Precision Turbo is in Hebron- www.precisionte.com - however it's not that hard, once you figure out the VE table you are 90% of the way there.

Are you getting any O2 correction? It should show +25%.

If it is showing a lot of correction, increase the VE cells (while the car is running) to get the O2 correction down to zero.

-Bob Cunningham

I just got off of the phone with Precision. They are the ones who told me about serializing the O2 sensor. Unfortunately that is not my problem as mine match...couldn't be that easy...

My O2 sensor show no correction whatsoever... I did get the voltages to look for from FAST this morning to check if the ECU is in proper working order. I'll have to check that this afternoon...

Thanks guys!

Have you tried increasing the VE values? That would probably be easiest!

What happens when you increase VE values?

-Bob Cunningham

I did receive a calibration option file from Fast yesterday and loaded it in last night... When I was on the phone with FAST they wanted to know my ECU ser. no. and the DiagA reading. I think mine was 1442 with the O2 sensor plugged in.... They then sent me the option file. Taking the disk back out to the laptop in my garage I noticed that my DiagA had changed to 1215... I did go ahead and load the option file and all of a sudden the O2 sensor was making small changes, and my target A/F was being displayed... I had to move my distributor one tooth to get the proper timing so I shut the car off. Upon retarting the car the O2 sensor acted as it did prior to loading the option file... so I reloaded it....nothing this time O2 sensor pagged at 15.94....Why is there a resistor in the O2 sensor....? Is this so we can't just go a buy a regular wide band sensor? If so, you're about to see someone get real mad!!!!

The resistor is there because the manufacturers can't make every wide band O2 sensor exactly identical to every other one, so each one needs to be individually calibrated at the factory with a different resistor value. That's the physics side. FAST made the business decision to charge customers $400 to let them tell their ecm what that resistance is. To my knowledge the other major ecm makers don't charge for this, and the wbo2 units from Innovate and PLX don't either. It's FAST's right to make that decision, and our right to decide who's product we buy :-).

Originally posted by tonydee64
I did receive a calibration option file from Fast yesterday and loaded it in last night... When I was on the phone with FAST they wanted to know my ECU ser. no. and the DiagA reading. I think mine was 1442 with the O2 sensor plugged in.... They then sent me the option file. Taking the disk back out to the laptop in my garage I noticed that my DiagA had changed to 1215... I did go ahead and load the option file and all of a sudden the O2 sensor was making small changes, and my target A/F was being displayed... I had to move my distributor one tooth to get the proper timing so I shut the car off. Upon retarting the car the O2 sensor acted as it did prior to loading the option file... so I reloaded it....nothing this time O2 sensor pagged at 15.94....Why is there a resistor in the O2 sensor....? Is this so we can't just go a buy a regular wide band sensor? If so, you're about to see someone get real mad!!!!

I don't know if FAST told you or not, but is the DiagA reading equivalent to the resistance in the WB? The other O2 thread is currently discussing how to / if you can modify the WB resistance to work with the FAST without having to buy the cal disk.

No, FAST didn't say what that reading means... I did ask John Meanie and he said it was "top secret". I may just buy one of his boxes and throw this FAST box in the trash if I don't get it working REAL soon...

Whoa there! Hang on a minute.

Before you get all carried away and throw out thousands of dollars of stuff, send it to me. Seriously, it works great, once you figure it out.

What happens when you raise the VE value in that cell?

-Bob Cunningham

Bob,

I spoke to John M. again and he said that it is not out of the ordinary for the WB O2 sensor to register 15.94 at idle. Once you start putting a load on it then reacts correctly. I'm going to give FAST one more chance then it goes on E-bay. John said that his connectors are the same as the FAST box. That's what's so frustrating, I know I can program the darn thing.. if it would work correctly..... Over my lunch hour I did play with the VE table and the A/F went up and down as I adjusted it.... but there was no O2 corrections be made at idle....

It sounds like you already have your mind made up to get rid of it. That's too bad, because it's probably just a few simple numbers that need to be tweaked.

-Bob C.

Originally posted by tonydee64
That's what's so frustrating, I know I can program the darn thing.. if it would work correctly..... Over my lunch hour I did play with the VE table and the A/F went up and down as I adjusted it.... but there was no O2 corrections be made at idle....

If the A/F ratio moved up and down, then the O2 is probably working correctly. I know you said you know how to program it correctly, but is there any chance that you aren't meeting one of the close loop requirement (coolant temp, min rpm, etc..)?

Originally posted by HighPSI
If the A/F ratio moved up and down, then the O2 is probably working correctly. I know you said you know how to program it correctly, but is there any chance that you aren't meeting one of the close loop requirement (coolant temp, min rpm, etc..)?

I think I am meeting all of the closed loop parameters. I have the open loop temp set at 60 degress, and my open loop high is set at 600rpm and the low at 500 rpm.. If you knew my luck, you would know that it would not be that easy of a fix.... I spoke with FAST again yesterday and they said they would send me another option file this morning because for some reason the DiagA value changed..... I asked if this was a security mechanism and they said "yes"... Umm, why? Once again, if I can't get this up and running soon I'm putting my car on a trailer and going to see John M. I don't have anymore time to waste, I've been working on this car for two years and summer is once again flying by...

??????????

IF there's ANY afterstart enrichment left, it WILL NOT go into closed loop.....

Re: ??????????

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
IF there's ANY afterstart enrichment left, it WILL NOT go into closed loop.....

I will check that... but I think the afterstart enrichment goes away pretty quick...it's gone I think by 130 degrees...Maybe that's too long to keep it active?

???????????

Goto:
Afterstart enrich vs coolant graph, and BE SURE it goes to zero.

If it takes too long, then goto: afterstart revs vs cts, and reduce the values.

Back