You can type here any text you want

O2 pegged at 15.94

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: ???????????

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Goto:
Afterstart enrich vs coolant graph, and BE SURE it goes to zero.

If it takes too long, then goto: afterstart revs vs cts, and reduce the values.

Chuck,

I thought that the afterstart vs. coolant graph is simply a starting point for enrichment given the temp. of the motor upon startup. My understanding of the revs. before afterstart vs. coolant temp. is the number of revs. stated in the graph for the given temp. must occur before the enrichment begins, the revs are there to allow the burn off of any excess "cranking" fuel. The afterstart decay vs. coolant temp is the number of revs. it takes to completely extinguish the enrichment fuel... So in other words, I don't think it has to go to zero because the decay table takes it all out in say 25 rpms. Otherwise stated, the enrichment mode is a very short term event should therefore not prevent closed loop operation... Am I wrong.. I asked FAST about this earlier in the week and they agreed with me.

the latest info I have...

The newest version of the program is 1.015..
here's what it says in the newest "HELP" section.

The presence of after start enrichment will also prevent the ECU from entering closed loop mode. If your ECU will not go into closed loop mode even though all of the closed loop parameters have been met, you should check to see if any after start enrichment fuel is still being applied. Refer to the above diagram. If the sensor called Aft Corr. (%) is at any value other than 0%, it will prevent closed loop operation! If you are having trouble getting your ECU to go into closed loop because after start fuel is being applied for too long, reduce the after start decay vs. CTS settings described below.

BTW, the newest help section is about 80 pages, vs the original at 29 pges.. LOTS of screen help too..

If you've been messin w/ this program for 2 yrs, then you likley don't have the newer version...

That is unbelievable! I have been on the phone with the guys at FAST for the past week and none of them have ever mentioned that there was a new version of the software. Joe at Precision here in Indiana was asking me if I had tried the Help section to look for my answers..and I was pretty sure "my" Help section didn't have them. Now I know what he was talking about. I wonder how much $ FAST will want for the new version of the software. Bigstuff 3 is sounding better by the second... Thanks guys for all of your help...!!!!

Chuck!

You ARE the man!!!!!! I called FAST on Thursday and asked about the afterstart enrichment keeping the ECU from going into closed loop mode.... He said "No".. that would not do it...

I said, well I think I better buy the latest version of the software (version 1.020) since it has much more documentation. It cost me $30 (and I had it overnighted for an extra $20). Anyway, I read through the help section and found the portion you listed above.. I adjusted my tables accordingly and magically I was in closed loop mode... The incompetency of people always amazes me.. I just can't believe that FAST couldn't immediately answer that question...

Thanks man! Now if I could only solve my cooling problem...

Great!

Originally posted by tonydee64
Chuck!

You ARE the man!!!!!! I called FAST on Thursday and asked about the afterstart enrichment keeping the ECU from going into closed loop mode.... He said "No".. that would not do it...

I said, well I think I better buy the latest version of the software (version 1.020) since it has much more documentation. It cost me $30 (and I had it overnighted for an extra $20). Anyway, I read through the help section and found the portion you listed above.. I adjusted my tables accordingly and magically I was in closed loop mode... The incompetency of people always amazes me.. I just can't believe that FAST couldn't immediately answer that question...

Thanks man! Now if I could only solve my cooling problem...

What's going on w/ the cooling???
What's the setup??
Did the thing run hot before the FAST was put on? If not, it may be the tuneup that's contributing to the heat...
Any details??
:D

Chuck,

It's a long story. But basically it's a 532" BBC in a 1991 Corvette. I bought the motor from a guy who had just completed all of the machine work and was getting ready to install it in a blown alcohol car. It has a Cola crank, Oliver rods, velolias, o-ringed pro-race Merlin block, Dart 345 heads, Jesel, small Crane solid roller, etc. The blower is a Procharger F2. This is going to be primarily a street car.

I have added two more 10AN lines at the back of the intake since the below pictures were taken. I think I need to add a fan shroud....the temp rises very slowly...After about 15 minutes of idling in my garage it climbs to 195 and then I shut it off. I have no idea if it would ever stop climbing or if it would stabilize at some point..The sensor that runs my FAST water temp reads 195, but my gauge in the car looks like its about 180....(both new sensors). I'm not too worried about yet... but I may have to put a 55 gpm electric water pump on it....I think a fan shroud would help.. and I also need to make a ram air system that surrounds the air cleaner and ducts to the hood (need to add two small hood scoops..maybe this winter)....

I've never had the car running without the FAST so I really don't know if it has had any detrimental effect. I am running 25 degrees of advance at idle.. I'm thinking I may cut that back just a bit and see if that helps it run a little cooler..

I have my fans come on at 170 (just to test) and have them set to turn off at 160... The fans seem to have very little effect and do not bring the temps down at all...but perhaps slow the rising temps down.. My radiator is a triple pass unit.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tonyntamy@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/9725

Thanks again!

Tony

Back