You can type here any text you want

O2 voltage reading 630 at WOT?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buick83-T

83' T-type
Seem to be having a problem with my carb. The O2 shows 630 at WOT(10psi) :eek: . I have the k hanger with CV secondary rods and the secondaries air valve is opening to the stock position. This is rich enough for the 10 psi but 02 is only showing 630 with the OTC 2000.The lean trouble code is also showing.

Thanks

Did you set the OTC to English? The OTC defaults to a metric reading at start-up. Before entering the year, hit F1, then 1, then enter. The OTC will respond ENGLISH. As far as the O2 reading, you probably already know this but it has to be 600 F before the sensor responds.

In addition to this, with some vehicles if you leave the car at idle for too long it will throw code 44, (lean). This is because the sensor will cool down and drop below 600 F and the ECM is not getting a reading. (Some folks wrongly assume that the ECM should compensate and go rich once this happens, but it won't). :)

Also check for vac leaaks and cracked headers. Either will give you a lean condition under load.

My car is showing that lean code 44 you are talking about freddies buick. I will have to check the english thing i didnt know about that. Also T-type83 I have just recently had my headers welded so know thats not a poblem but my vac is at 10 in park. I do think i have a small vac leak in the base plate on the shaft. What should my vac be in park? When I had my engine rebuilt recently the mechanic messed with my carb and had it all messed up and it hasnt been right since. The miture control had been screwed down too far i was told when it was corrected.

Yep....

Getting that carb done right have often caused us forum members big time headaches with so called carb rebuilding 'experts'.

If one does'nt have the knack to take it on oneself my suggestion is to buy a freshly factory rebuilt unit but keep the original. That way one can learn how to do it themselves and use the OE carb to get it done 'right'. Besides, as time goes on these carbs are getting harder to find especially the turbo Q-Jets.

Good Luck! :cool:

Your vac should be at about 20 hg in park, Freddie's right about the "experts" get a rebuild kit and the tool kit and do it yourself.
I did my last rebuild and ut wasn't as hard as I tought it would be. But you will need a extra set of hands to get the TPS and the top cover (air horn) back on.
Jim

Back