Octane booster

Hendrick SS

I can only find 91 octane in my area. Will adding some type of octane booster help? Or am I wasting my money. Also, would more than one can help?

Thanks
Doug

OCTANE BOOSTER???

For the most part, the stuff is JUNK.:mad: You'll find the crap on your valves, plugs, O2 sensor.
They advertize 4 points of octane increase... That's .4 NOT 4.0. As in 91 octane will go to 91.4 and NOT 95.:eek:
If you want/have to use 91.. get an alky kit and/ or add some zylene to the 91 oct.;) ;) ;)

The SMC alky kit is very easy to install, and pretty easy to tune if you have a scan tool.

I always used Octane Booster for "added insurance" since I was running near 18 psi on 93 Octane pump gas. I've found out (mainly from this board, thanks all!) that the "insurance" I get is as good as balling up a $5 bill (which the can o' crap typically costs) and winging it out the window.
A GOOD way to boost octane is to make your own xylene. I'll look for the site, but if you do a search on here you'll probably be directed to it in some post. I'd have to agree with the ALKYholics though. Once I tune my car up, it's getting a dual-nozzle SMC alky kit. 22+ psi here I come!! It's a great improvement for the money. Only if you like cheap speed though ;)