You can type here any text you want

Odd injector pulse failure? Possible ecm drivers fried? HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcefed86

So I pulled the car out after winter storage today and fired it up. It runs like its missing on a cylinder and lean.

Pulled a plug on each cylinder and noticed it didn't make much difference in how the engine ran if I pulled the #2 plug wire. After confirming sprak was present I used a mechanics stethoscope on all the injectors. The #2 does sound like it's clicking, but it is more faint than the others, and seems intermittent at times. So I pulled out the noid tester lights. All the other injectors would pulse the noid light. If I reved the engien slightly the light would get brighter/faster etc. The #2 cylinder would not illuminate the noid at all, even at a slight rev.

I am getting 12v and ground to the injector connector. I rang out the c15 pin on the ecm (#6 inj) and I have continuity between that pin and the #2 injector plug.

I don't know of anything else I could check? Can one injector driver fail? Any other ideas?

Thanks All!

I got your PM. If the ECM is basically alive, but has one cylinder not firing, I can most likely fix it.

I will PM you an address to send it to.

Bob

Back