You can type here any text you want

odds of passing emissions with a Thrasher?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaper

Pit Bitch
ok guys i have to pass an IM 240 here and i am tried a smog chip for my set up bluetops and a 49. the car will not run. it runs fine untill the car needs to shift (2900 rpms) then its as if the fuel cuts off. it only will do this with the smog chip. i have been in contact with Rob wilson about a smog and a regular thrasher ( i am running a ME now) i can borrow a thrasher untill mine get here. do you think i can get the car to pass with a regular thrasher?

what hints and tricks can i use.

Dathan

You probably won't be able to pass the idle test since the Thrasher is in open loop at idle...

Get with Nick Micale...I think he is in your neck of the woods somewhere...he should be able to help you out...A chip for a -49 and bluetops shouldn't be that hard to come up with...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Dathan,

You will not pass the IM240 test with a Thrasher. The idle parameters I have on there are to purposely run the engine rich at idle...that is where the silky smooth idle comes from.

I've sent on of my Blue Top emissions chips to Rob for you. If your car doesn't run with this chip, there is something wrong with your motor. However, with the smog chip, do not expect the motor to run well under hard throttle. Its an emissions chip, not a race chip.

You can get Thrashers from Nick, who used to get them from me, but probably burns them himself now.

Nick is who i got the chip from! he stumped too.

scott231,
thanks i have my M/O in the mail to Rob. i will give him a heads up email on your chip.

i dont think nick has figured out the chip burner yet. i will see him on sunday at our weekly gathering.

thanks for your help

Dathan

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Nick is who i got the chip from! he stumped too.

scott231,
thanks i have my M/O in the mail to Rob. i will give him a heads up email on your chip.

i dont think nick has figured out the chip burner yet. i will see him on sunday at our weekly gathering.

thanks for your help

Dathan

I emailed you the image I use for blue tops and a 49 on my 87 when it comes to smog time.

It burns super clean and runs nice and smooth.

Back