You can type here any text you want

odds of passing smog with a stock chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaper

Pit Bitch
ok i have been thinking. i have the stock recall smog chip and i am thinking about using it to see if i can get through the IM240 test with it? i have blue tops and in a pinch i have driven it home with the chip in place no real problems as long as i am out of the boost. any way do ya think it would work? what off line FP should i use if i try it?

Dathan

With blue tops you have about a 1% chance of passing with that chip. If you don't have a catalytic converter, you can reduce that to a 0% chance.

The last 3 times I have had to pass emissions (IM-240 only once) I have put the stock injectors in with the stock chip. Passed with a 3" cat. ERIC.

Originally posted by Taffy
The last 3 times I have had to pass emissions (IM-240 only once) I have put the stock injectors in with the stock chip. Passed with a 3" cat. ERIC.

Thats great, but were you using a chip thats going to inject approx 18% too much fuel?

Why dont you modify the recall bin for 36's. Or have someone do it.

I agree with Jay, about 1% chance. NO, maybe less....

I just passed Jersey emissions yesterday without cheating. I have 009s, a Red Armstrong 93 chip and a high flow cat:)

Ron

Yes, but you had a chip set for those injectors. You didnt have 009's and run a stock chip.

There should be no problem passing emissions no matter what size injectors you have as properly calibrated for, they will act like stockers when you dont need the fuel.

When you get into longer duration cams with more overlap, and defeating the likes of EGR, CCP then you begin to have problems.

Back