You can type here any text you want

odometer drive cable

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DGC

Years ago I converted from a digital to analog instrument cluster. All works except for odometer/trip meter. The digital instrument cluster uses a different odometer signal when compared to the analog cluster. Since the car was originally set up for a digital cluster, I am expecting the odometer drive cables do not exist. I have checked the shop manuals (vols 1 and 2) without success. Can anyone provide an answer to whether I can reprofit my car to enable the odometer. If so, any information about how to proceed would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

odometer / trip is driven from speedo cable, cables are same for analog to digital.
there is no signal involved for odom to work ,just a gear in speedometer head .
if your analog speedometer works but trip odom doesnt ..its broken

cruise control and MPH to ECM uses a signal from the vss optic sensor at back of speedo head , but has nothing to do with trip /odom on analog

I have taken apart many analog clusters and the trip odometers after 35+ years of use, of sitting, exposure are just not something made to hold up that long. I think of the last 15 I have dealt with only 1 or 2 continue to work.

Back