offically on the GN hunt... got some questions!

sy1240

I have definitely decided to find me a clean 87 GN! I was wondering if any of you guys could give me an idea of what the loan value would be on one of these with,,, lets say 70k mi?

I also have an "awesome" clean 02 GSXR 1000 that I must sell before I can get a Buick:( Anyone want it?

One more thing.... whats some things that I should be aware of when shopping for a GN? What questions should I ask and what price range am I looking at for a clean 50k to 80k mi. car?

Thanks guys for any help on this... I sure need it!

God bless

Well I had the option to borrow 6k for my car using only it as collateral (sp?) but I opted to throw the daily beater on as well and it got me to 8k. I had very little previous credit BUT my uncle was the banker. This was on a 71,000 mile car in very nice,clean shape with about 3k in mods. The car actually cost me $9500 in case you were wondering. It looks like you have a sy so you may have a good intro to turbo GM's already, but I'll still throw some advice out there.
1. Read as much as you can about every topic on this board for as long as you can before buying a car.
2. Buying a modded car is cool, but I personally wish I would've bought a stock one and did it myself. I'm gonna spend this entire summer sorting out things that I didn't know at the time because neither I nor the previous owner had a scan tool.

I'm still very new at this game so you can disregard everything above if you want, I just figured I'd chime in because I went through the same process and I learned a lot since then on what I should've done.

This link is the car I bought if you want to take a peek.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88698&highlight=Kansas+GN+for+sale

bob