official "stick your foot in your mouth" thread...post up your moments

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
ive done this twice lately.......dont judge me:D:eek:

both times waiting on customers at my shop...
.yesturday, i had a customer come in with a camry and his ac didnt work...he went to an ac shop, they said it was electrical, and sent him to me....
he asked what i charged for a diganosis, and i told him $$, then i tell him thats usually it, plus parts...he says man i sure hope thats all it costs....
i told him, "well keep your fingers crossed"...my friend just turned around and walked off, puzzled ,i looked back at the customer and noticed one of his hands was missing (just a nub,not sure what happened):rolleyes:

before that i had a very good customer come in.. he served in the middle east, ran over an ied, and lost his legs....we always help him when we can,hes a good friend, and has one of the loudest systems in our area.....
he wanted a turbo kit on his avalanche...we talked price,hp potential,etc then gas mileage subject came up, he asked how much would he lose? i said ; "heck it will get better gas mileage if you can keep your foot out of it":rolleyes:.......i blerted it out before in knew i did....

he just laughed and called me crazy.....o_O

I was at a swap meet and there was this totaled 65 impala. Just looking at car and not tge vendor I told my friend loud enough. Im happy im not that guy and as I looked left there was the owner with crutches and one leg missing..

I was at a swap meet and there was this totaled 65 impala. Just looking at car and not tge vendor I told my friend loud enough. Im happy im not that guy and as I looked left there was the owner with crutches and one leg missing..

sounds like something i would say....

I just had one. I walked up on a set of 4 wheel/tire combos in our lobby that were delivered to our work by UPS. The paper was off one. They just looked like cheap nasty wheels. I said "Bleh" out loud and it happens that a guy I work with who was standing there had ordered them for his son's car. When he told me this, I made it worse and asked, "Was he bad?" It must have made him think because he went to his computer to look at the order which had a photo of the wheels. He suddenly realized that they sent him the wrong ones. Fortunately the wheels he actually ordered looked pretty nice.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
I just had one. I walked up on a set of 4 wheel/tire combos in our lobby that were delivered to our work by UPS. The paper was off one. They just looked like cheap nasty wheels. I said "Bleh" out loud and it happens that a guy I work with who was standing there had ordered them for his son's car. When he told me this, I made it worse and asked, "Was he bad?" It must have made him think because he went to his computer to look at the order which had a photo of the wheels. He suddenly realized that they sent him the wrong ones. Fortunately the wheels he actually ordered looked pretty nice.