You can type here any text you want

oil circulation path

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryan319

does anyone have a schematic or narrative on how oil travels from the pump through the block.

thanks

Check out Earl Browns sticky in tech on the other site or look him up here. It nay have some answers for you?

oil path from the pump

into the block where the oil sending unit is--from there up to the drivers side oil galley--from there some oil goes to the front cam bearing--around bearing and into the drivers side galley ( a small amount goes into camshaft and out to the front of cam to lube the cam sensor drive)---along the oil galley to lube drivers side lifters. Now back to pass. side--that oil goes along the galley feeding pass. side lifters and @ each main bearing spot there is a drilled hole from galley to main bearings---feeds mains which in turn feed rod bearings. Front main feeds 1 rod--2 and 3 each feed 2 and # 4 feeds the remaning 1 rod. Clear as mud????? I may have missed some small detail and if I did I'm sure I will be corrected.

Back