You can type here any text you want

Oil Cooler Adapter O Ring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
i need a O ring for the oil cooler adapter. anyone have any and want to send me like 3?

brent

o-ring

go to an industrial o-ring store and ask for a buna-n (material) -144 (size). Look in your yellow pages for an industrial seal supplier.

Oversized Oil Cooler Adapter "O" ring

You can get the oversized oil cooler adapter O rings from several of Buick vendors......much better than the original factory O rings which leak in short order due to their smaller crossectional area.......the factory units simply don't compress enough and are prone to leaking.

You can see the difference in this photo....one on the left is original sized factory GM O ring.

Buy a few of the oversized ones offered by vendors like Kirban and several others and you'll be much happier.......they're cheap at around $4.00 each

dave

Attachments

• oversized o ring.jpg
    oversized o ring.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 180
I got mine from Advance Auto Parts Large pack of assorted O-Rings.They in back not out on the reg. shelves

wow, that post is 3 years old and just got bumped up today. i was wondering why i was getting pm's about o rings.

My Fault

Dammmm Canadian :p

Yup.....guess I didn't even look at the date of the original post!

Sorry guys...guess it's all my fault .....EH!

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers!

dave

FWIW, I have NEVER had an O ring actually seal that adapter - no matter what size. I ended up pulling the gasket off of an oil filter and putting that in place of the O ring.

No more leaks, end of story.

Old post but I took the gasket off an oil filter (pf47 I think) and so far no leaks. Been about 2000 miles. Torqued to factory spec. Thanks John for the tip.

Back