You can type here any text you want

Oil cooler lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
My new engine doesn't have the lines coming from the filter housing to the radiator but I'm using a canton oil filter setup. Is it as easy as just plugging the connections on the radiator? Thanks

My engine builder didnt have the hoses or anyway too hook them to radiator when he was priming the engine in his shop. When i installled the engine i never hooked them back up as there could be crap in the radiator, as long as you know your radiator has no debris in it just hook them back up if you like. I didnt plug the holes in my radiator either. I run a billit cleanable oil filter i got from Nick in arizona and that is it.

I can't hook them back up because the new housing on the new engine doesn't have the connections for the lines. I guess the simple question is do I just plug the holes in the radiator?

If u want to they aren't hurting anything being un plugged

I can't hook them back up because the new housing on the new engine doesn't have the connections for the lines. I guess the simple question is do I just plug the holes in the radiator?

There's a sammich adapter that goes between the pump and the filter that has the in/out fittings on them. If you want to run an oil cooler/stabalizer you'll need that part and the nut that holds it in place. I recommend a 'biggie' filter adapter for that.

If your radiator has ANY chance of debris in it, I would not run it. That includes being hooked up to an old engine that ate itself or sitting around with the ports open for a good length of time.

Back