Oil Dip Stick Tube

1of1547

Village Idiot!!!
When I tore my engine down. The tab on the oil dip stick tube twisted up and broke. I threw it away thinking that i could get another one. But from what I understand you can not buy these anymore and they are specific to T/R's(imagine that). Does anybody know of a replacement for it.

Make a new one from a Small Block Chevy transplant. Should be a piece of cake, just shorten the tube.

What's different from an NA motor........must just be the handle is the difference. Or maybe you have to use the NA holder also. Seems to me that will work if you can't find an original.

Thanks guys, I do not know what the difference between a NA and a turbo are. I read on this here that they are different. I am going to go to the auto parts store tommorrow and see what I can dig up. If nothing else I will use a SB Chevy tube. Everybody and their brother has a small block block laying around.

The NA tube will work. You will have to cut it down since it is substantially longer. But there are plenty of them in the yards.

Don't forget that if you cut a tube down that you will have to use your original dipstick, not the one that came with the longer tube. Not sure how you are going to get the length right if you threw away your original one tho.