You can type here any text you want

oil filter collapsing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Its possible to have bypass stuck in oil pump. I would take it out and make sure its not stuck in the bore.

Sounds like the oil filter bypass has been plugged. If it is plugged (with a expansion plug/pipe plug) you will need a new oil filter adaptor. What oil pressure are you running? If you don'thavre a gauge, install one, at least temporarily. Is this a new car to you?

The filter is after the pump. How would the filter be sucked shut?
Does this engine have a turbo saver remote on it?

On my other motor I had a similar problem with high volume oil pump, had to run SAE 5-30
At cold start it would screw up the filter
Tried different filters didn't help much
The lower visc. solved it.

With a plugged by-pass, it will crush the filter material inside the "can". Excessive pressure (aka viscosity, COLD oil, plugged bypass(s)) will do terrible things to a spin-on oil filter. It will also blow a filter up right in your face, too. (ask me how I know THAT):rolleyes:

same problem

I'm having the same issue with the inside of the filter sucking in. I was running Castrol 20w-50 at the time with the bypass plugged. I am planning on using Royal Purple and a bottle of ZDDP, what weight of oil do you recommend? I've read that someone said that Royal Purple tends to be a little thinner than most others.

Back