You can type here any text you want

Oil filter housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbognx75

I took this housing off a motor I have and was curious if it was a normal thing to do to a filter housing when run with a plate and does it increase pressure or allow more volume or what is the purpose of grinding out the housing.
Thanks for any replies
Tony

Attachments

• image-1476999962.jpg
    image-1476999962.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1898248658.jpg
    image-1898248658.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1897639474.jpg
    image-1897639474.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 127
The old Kenne Bell booster plates had to have the housing modified like that. It allowes the bypassed oil to be redirected to the pump inlet passage instead of directly back into the gears. It's suppossed to reduce the stress on the oil pump drive and cam gears. It's also suppossed to increase oil pressure at idle and throughout the RPM range. I have always used them. Many don't use them and still have good oil pressure. If you already have it, it can't hurt to use it. Just make sure the gaskets you use have the extra hole. Along with an adjustable pressure regulator from TA, you can adjust above idle pressure where you want it. Keep the gear clearance and end play tight for good idle pressure.

I haven't seen one of those in a while.

when you hand lap that adapter pay special attention the oval pressure hole. If the sandpaper curls up it can radius that area a little and possible cause a leak. It's very important to keep that area nice and sharp. The rest of the edges aren't as important as they are more for clamping than sealing.

Back