You can type here any text you want

oil leak? coming from??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oaktown

t-typeless for 5 yrs..ugh
hey all...my gn has been leakin since i bought it a couple months back...i cant take it anymore...my old one leaked from the rear main seal so i automatically started going at that. i have not yet got the pan off but i am going to change the rear main and the pan seal. although there is oil everywhere...it looks as though it is coming from the front...right above where u jack the car up in front of the oil pan. i changed the valve cover gaskets...so i am guessing it might be a front seal of some sort or something else. I am not familiar with this yet although i am sure i will soon be an expert. what seal is common to leak? and coming from the area i am talking about? how hard is it gonna be and how much stuff do I have to remove to get to whatever it is...hopefully you guys know what im talking about and will be able to help as usual...by the way my car has 156K orig...where else should i look for it to be leaking...i want to make sure i handle this problem by the next time it is on the road...i dont want anymore leaks. thanks!

Intake gasket.......My Buick looked like a valve cover gasket:D Then I thoght it might have been the oil pan..... But I found the intake was leaking..............l. Damn thing.......But I used silicone vs..Rubber gaskets.... No problem so for with the silicone end rail seals.......I know I should have used the rubber end seals to begin with..........I know I started a thread about rubber end seals vs. silicone.........

Thanks In Advance...............................

Back