Oil leak...

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
New motor,new oil leak:biggrin: Looks like the typical rear of the intake where it meets the heads and the block. I used the right stuff and it was completely dry. I used a little extra down there just to be safe and it still leaks........................:rolleyes:

Join the club, I'll be resealing my intake for a 3rd time. Only leaks under higher rpms at the same area as yours. Makes a nice mess under the car...this sh!t is getting old.:mad:

Unlike most guys, I never had any luck with sealants at the back of the intake. I use the rubber seals that come with the gasket and that works for me.

this is what i did and it worked believe it or not. i used the right stuff on mine.well it had a small leak on one of the corners. well i dryed it off the area where i thought it was leaking with a rag no cleaner. i put some right stuff on my fingure and smeared it on that area. it sealed it right up. and let me tell you it was leaking like a SOB. didnt even have to pull the intake thank god.

I've never had one this bad on a new motor. Usually take a few 1000 miles then they start to seep,not drip:mad: I am gonna try those rubber peices this time with a smear of Silicone in the corners.

I must be lucky,most of the motors I built lately don't leak alot. Now we all have our exceptions!