You can type here any text you want

Oil leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnpoweredrail

Anybody ever have oil leaking from the top rear corner of the head??
Drivers side is leaking pretty good.
I do not know what headgaskets are in it.I bought the engine used but Sod at Hy-Tec built it.

I had the same problem... When i change my headgasket I ran a bead of silicone around the oil return hole & then the problem was fixed...

Had the same issue... What Bluezone said is what fixed me up as well. Just make sure it is not just a valve cover... With the amount of aftermarket ones out there you are bound to have some odd fitting ones :/

mine too

My cometics leak in the same spot, tried bead of sealant around return, tried retorque still leaks. Piece of cardboard under my car problem solved.

Nope.
Did not have the translator hooked up.I had the MAF going straight to the PCM without giong through the translator first.
Needless to say it hauls ass now.

I also blew some oil out of the breathers.I lowered the oil pressure as I think I was filling up the valve covers.

I know it's crunchtime but you might want to throw a leakdown tester on it real quick.
p.s. DLS hooked me up with oil restrictor pushrods. they're pretty slick but $$$

loaded and leaving in the morning.
I am going to be real easy on it tomorrrow and get used to everything.
We will see if lowering the oil pressure does the trick.
I looked inside the valve covers when the pressure was high and the valve covers were half full.

Yes I did.
I went very well for a shake down run.I got more oil leaks now also.
the breathers are puking.
I am going to weld on some Moroso breather tubes and that should take care of it.
Its also not running 100% but everything else went great.

Back