Oil or Trans to my '92 Camaro Radiator Tanks??

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
Please help.

I just got a replacement '92 Camaro aluminum radiator for my 87 Turbo-T. It only has one tank on the passenger side (input lines are facing the engine). Should I run my trans line here for cooling or my oil lines (which ones fit)? I will buy an external B&M cooler for the one not used here.

What are you guys running?

Can the oil line just run to an external B&M tank only?

I have room for two external B&M tanks if needed.

Thanks,
Brandon

they are intended for trans fluid. That being said I don't really see why you couldn't use them to cool the oil instead. I'd run the oil through there if that would work, I'm no expert, and then run a bigger external trans cooler. Almost impossible to over cool the tranny but the engine oil needs to be warm to work right otherwise it will be too thick. Again, no first hand knowledge of this radiator other than the OEM application for the internal cooler was for the trans, but just semi-informed speculation.

Just to get this started,

I think oil coolers have larger tubing to let the oil flow faster. :confused:

I have done away with my oil cooler and hooked up the trans lines to my Camaro radiator. The lines are an exact fit and I don't have the worry of the oil lines further cluttering up the engine bay. CTX-SLPR put it the best, oil needs to be warm to work.