You can type here any text you want

Oil pan mod for cork gaskets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

Has anyone flattened the small dimples on the stock oil pan in order to run a good gasket other than the rubber one?

I run a cork oil pan gasket, but I have physically made any mods to the pan it self... *knocks on wood* no leaks :D

I just lightly copper spray them on both sides before putting it on make sure you let it set up some also.

Those dimples are there as a stop, to get the right crush on the gasket without overtightening.

Leave the pan alone, all you will do is end up with a beat up pan rail. Get a thick cork gasket from RJC, Weber, or another vendor on this board.

Those dimples are there as a stop, to get the right crush on the gasket without overtightening.

Leave the pan alone, all you will do is end up with a beat up pan rail. Get a thick cork gasket from RJC, Weber, or another vendor on this board.
Good deal. Thanks.

LOL, I hope it's very similiar to Webers cork gasket. I just ordered it, but I'm open to all better ideas.:)

David have you looked into the new Cometic oil pan gasket? Ive heard good things but have not personally used one. The only reason to get rid of the dimples on the pan was if you were using the thicker cork gasket from RJC that did not have the extra holes for the dimples to protrude through(the only holes in the gasket were bolt holes), and even then I don't believe you have to.

Back