You can type here any text you want

oil pressure sending unit location?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tatervaw123

I was wondering if anyone would know where the location of the oil pressure sending unit is on a 1984 buick grand national?

I have no idea. I took out what I thought was the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block and that wasnt it. I bought a auto meter oil pressure gauge and cant find where to put the sending unit. Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure it's down by the oil feed for the turbo on the pass side of the block. I recall feeling/seeing something that resembled a sending unit with a wire coming off. You seeing the oil pres light stay on or something?

it's down close to where the turbo oil feed line is connected.

the sensor at the back of the block is the knock sensor. if you have removed the knock sensor, be sure to re-install it and torque it to 14 ft. lbs. I've been told by a reliable source that if the knock sensor is too tight, it will be too sensitive and you'll get lots of "false knock" and if it's too loose, it may not be sensitive enough and the computer might not retard the ignition when it should.

HTH

Here is a pic of the setup I made to accomodate my new turbo oil feed kit. Just wanted to show you where to look. I cobbled this up to allow the use of the stock sender as well as the sender for my oil pressure gauge.

Attachments

• turbofilterbrassblock2.jpg
    turbofilterbrassblock2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,920
I think you guys may be forgetting he has an '84 GN...isn't the turbo oil feed (and oil pressure sending unit) located somewhere else on those cars? Sorry I can't be more help tatervaw123...I just checked with gnttype.org and they don't even list one for the 84/85 TRs: 84-85 Turbo 3.8 Liter Engine Sensors

...or for the 86/87s for that matter: 86-87 Turbo 3.8 Liter Engine Sensors. I know where it's at on the '87/'87s but I'm not as familiar with the hot air cars and not sure why gnttype.org would leave the oil pressure sensors out...

I think you guys may be forgetting he has an '84 GN...isn't the turbo oil feed (and oil pressure sending unit) located somewhere else on those cars? Sorry I can't be more help tatervaw123...I just checked with gnttype.org and they don't even list one for the 84/85 TRs: 84-85 Turbo 3.8 Liter Engine Sensors

...or for the 86/87s for that matter: 86-87 Turbo 3.8 Liter Engine Sensors. I know where it's at on the '87/'87s but I'm not as familiar with the hot air cars and not sure why gnttype.org would leave the oil pressure sensors out...

the front cover design is the same on the hot-air cars so the oil pump is in the same location. I would assume the turbo feed line and stock sensor is in the same location. could be wrong, but it would be the best place to start looking.

HTH

Yes, and you can also install the original oil pressure sensor and gauge sensor somewhere else than near the oil filter/pump- a little bit tight location.

Let some shop make a suitable long hose with right fittings and install the T- piece for the sensors and oil hose in the easier place- inner fender or something like that.

Back