Oil pressure

87 national

I just put a oil pump on my car and primed it with a drill and tool now when I started my car the oil pressure light was on and only had 10 pounds what do you think is there any air in the system and if so how do I remove it. Thanks

Did you pack the pump with vaseline?
Did the drill start slowing down due to oil pressure rising?
Gasket on correctly??

I just put a oil pump on my car and primed it with a drill and tool now when I started my car the oil pressure light was on and only had 10 pounds what do you think is there any air in the system and if so how do I remove it. Thanks

Need more info :confused: Did you put a HV pump in? Did you just change the gears? Change the cover?

If you remove the front cover to replace the timing chain, do you have to do all that as well? (pack gears with vaseline, prime pump, etc...)

If you remove the front cover to replace the timing chain, do you have to do all that as well? (pack gears with vaseline, prime pump, etc...)

If the pump is set up properly, it will prime right up without the vasoline... but it's not a bad idea to do it to be sure.... definitely want to prime it before starting after front cover R/R... you can also get the prime started/avoid the vasoline by pouring some oil down the turbo feed line, then spinning the pump...