You can type here any text you want

Oil pump leaking?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CliffyC

Just put my motor back together and got it running. Replaced the front cover/oil pump with new high volume unit. Not the one where you use a spacer and long gears, the one that's cast as one piece. Setting it up did all the proper checking to install the correct thickness gasket. (used the green one, 0.003" thick). Had the pump cover resurfaced and lapped as it had some gear wear.

Oil presure is good but had a saucer size pool of oil on the garage floor after the first outing. Jacked it up, started the car, crawled under and could see it was coming from the oil pump housing....looked like it was dripping from one of the housing bolts. All six bolts were properly tighteded, including the two in back of the filter. I'm thinking the only thing it could be is a bad surface on the gear side on the oil pump. I didn't really check it that close with a straight edge when I put it together but it looked okay. Has anyone had this problem with the after market front covers and if so can they be fixed?

Thanks for any comments or advice.

Same thing last year on the stand! The bolt in about 11 o clock position from front of car. Tried everything??? Nothing worked. Put on my spare housing & not a drop with same bolts & trust me 5 guys cant see a flaw in it???

Back