Oil Supplements

oldtimer

I had the opportunity to spend a day at the dyno shop a couple of weeks back. The engine owners, engine builder, was there. I was quite surprized to find out that he highly recommended Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Supplement in all of his race engines. He swears by it and talked about never having a dry start with this stuff. I witnessed him pouring two containers of it into the new motor during the first oil change ( while on the dyno )

I've never really held much creadance in oil supplements but having spent the day with the engine builder at the dyno session, he's got me semi convinced.

His motor ( Big Block Chevy ) produced 1900 HP. ( with Pro Charger )

What's the opinions of you high HP Stage 2 builders out there. Anybody use it and swear by it ?

George

I think its exactly the same as STP oil supplement- does the same thing- its a clinging agent that keeps the moving parts lubed up. i think i read on the ingredients on the labels and they look to be the same. Stp is 1/5 the cost of Lucas.

Lucas HD Oil Supplement

Anyone got any concrete evidence that Lucas HD Oil Supplement is beneficial (other than the claims on the label)
eg: - bearing condition upon teardown etc. :confused:
- more runs before teardown ??

George

chevyII said:
thread going in general tech section on the same topic,takke a look.

Thanks a lot! Went over there for a peek.

I was hoping some of the top Stage 2 builders would share their experience and opinions with the Lucas oil Supplement ... positive and/or negative

George

I use one bottle of Lucas in my motor and I respect it. My turbo burnt a little oil without it and now there is no more smoke out the tailpipes. In addition to eliminating dry startup, I think it helps eliminate oil leaks because of how thick it is. You have to actually squeeze it out of the bottle!

Funny you mention STP, just happened to check their site and they list a new product, not sure how new it is but it has the Zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate. Now if we only had percentage listings for the different products that do have the zinc, that would be nice...

http://www.stp.com