Ok, now what do you dislike about your GN or t-type?

GN's only come in black...too HOT here in the desert. Thet say that black is 17* hotter on the surfice than white. In the summer when the temps are 110* add 17* = 127* Tooo Hot. A/C working real hard.

i dislike the boxy looking guage panel on the dash, thats why i mmaking my own gauge cluster, my dash looks sick being black now, with chrome air vents :D but the boxyness had to go , so i chopped it up a bit, i havet ever had pictures posted up im to lazy

Thats my only complaint, as far as handling goes, with full suspension work, what do u guys think a GN can run with on the slalom???

as for comfort, i have black leather seats from a lesabre T, with th 3 button electric seats, and leather console, since my car is a limited, must have had the fast power window option;)

As much as I love my car, the only thing I don't really care for is the exhaust note with an open dump tube.
I miss the V8 rumble of my past Camaros....but the turbo whistle makes up for that.

Steve

dislikes....hummm, well even to this day no respect from the v8 boys at the cruise ins, girls dont like um one bit(not that i care though) as for the mechanics...power antena that always break and are a pita to fix, ac that always leaks out over the winter, and the fact that they are dam money pits! i love mine to death, always put a smile on my face every ride. guys that said bad gas mileage better get on the ball, no exscuse for that. i got 72# injectors and a non/ lu tranny and i still get 22 mpg.

Radials are a death trap on the street.And you have to buy 5$ a gallon race gas to get to the real power your car makes.Stage 2 motors are expensive.

* Parts to service these things... especially the electronics and ignition system.

* That it passes emissions with ease. And that my Monte Carlo can't, which is why it is off the road.

* Getting performance parts into Canada... the extra fees are killer.

* The gas mileage is better than my SS, but worse than Amy's M6 LS1 Z28 ~30-35mpg.

* Finding affordable 17"-18" wheels that fit without needing adapters.

* Previous owners, and their hack job installs.

The factory brakes suck, the suspension is mediocre, wind noise, factroy gauges or lack of them, bumper fillers, slow windows. one thing that sucks is that you can't get tires for the sizes we want that are speed rated to over an "S" rating. which is like 112 mph. you have to change the wheels to get the tires to match the speeds the car is capable of. Of course this isn't a GNX problem, but we all can't own one, but only clone one.

Brian Mc
one thing that sucks is that you can't get tires for the sizes we want that are speed rated to over an "S" rating. which is like 112 mph.
Check these tires. They should take care of the "S" problem for you.

Your Vehicle : 1987 BUICK Regal Grand National or T Type
OE tire size is : P215/65R15

Product : BFGoodrich Comp T/A ZR 225/60ZR15 Z

comp_ta_zr_large.jpg

Comp T/A® ZR

Excellent wet and dry handling and control
Smooth ride and low noise
Z-speed rated (over 149 mph) *We do not recommend or endorse exceeding the posted speed limit on public roads and highways

from day one my car has made some weird whistling sound under acceleration. I haven't been able to figure it out yet...anyone have any ideas????:D

honestly, I hate the fact that the doors weigh 4 tons and the windows don't seal very well either. Other than that I'd give it the A-OK

Right but i'm looking for 235/60 and 255/60

Well holy crap!! I didn't know you were trying to find monster truck tires! :eek:

How do you keep from rubbing the inner fender wells with those? I'm pretty sure I had that size on my GN and rubbed the back side of the inner wells on both fronts.

I'd rather go fast one size smaller on a "Z" rated tire than an "S" in the size you want.

I dont know about you guys, but I have that cup holder issue figured out! Since Ive had an 76 Monte, 88 Monte SS, 85 Regal, and now the 2 TRs, I have learned that my crotch makes the best cup holder, and its portable! Okay, so it wasnt funny. :)

Originally posted by Low Budgit
How do you keep from rubbing the inner fender wells with those? I'm pretty sure I had that size on my GN and rubbed the back side of the inner wells on both fronts.

air bags!

-neil

Originally posted by Low Budgit
Well holy crap!! I didn't know you were trying to find monster truck tires! :eek:

I'd rather go fast one size smaller on a "Z" rated tire than an "S" in the size you want.

Yeah, they rub a little, I don't care.

As far as monster truck tires go, I have no idea what you are talking about. 235 is the stock diameter, just wider. 255 is less than an inch taller and a little wider and mounted on the rear.
If you saw my car I don't think a dumb comment lke the monster trick thing would have been said.:(

I would use the Z's but they are too narrow for the rear IMHO.

As far as monster truck tires go, I have no idea what you are talking about. 235 is the stock diameter, just wider. 255 is less than an inch taller and a little wider and mounted on the rear.
If you saw my car I don't think a dumb comment lke the monster trick thing would have been said.

No need to get nasty. I was only joking about the monster truck deal! If you really thought I wasn't kidding you, maybe I'm not the dumb one. I'm aware of the way tire sizes work. AND LOOK. I know they look fine. As I mentioned, I had them on mine.

The part I wasn't joking about was them rubbing. Which I see you are aware of. It was no big deal on mine either, just a bit annoying to me.