OK to end the GNX wheel issue !!!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
As I have it to with 4 front gta wheels someone with a gnx look at the wheel post # in wheel and measre backspacing,
someone with GTA wheels do the same and then we will know how much room we need to move the gta's or if at all..
Thanks to whoever can provide this if it's not up fot the gta wheels I can post in about to weeks when I get mine out of the paint shop.
:D

GNX wheel infor from a GNX owner

What are you trying to accomplish? 4 GTA will work but the wheels will look "sucked in" and the rears will be very close to the frame with 255's.

The GNX offset isn't the "perfect" offset for a regular TR because it puts the wheel out about 1/4" farther than ideal, and the fender lips may need to be rolled a little.

Ok then, for "ideal" fitment of GTA rims, you would need either a 5/8" slip on style spacer with front offset rims on the back or a 1.25" spacer with the rear offset rims. With these, it should give you the equal of having 3.75" back spacing on the 8" rims.

I`ve got the four front GTA wheels on mine. They fit perfect,dont look weird at all,no spacers,245-50 on front,265-50 on rear

Keith

Originally posted by 8587GN
I`ve got the four front GTA wheels on mine. They fit perfect,dont look weird at all,no spacers,245-50 on front,265-50 on rear

Keith

To each his own. It you have a Buick and are using the GTA rims, then they sit inside the wheel well too far. :rolleyes:

GNVAIR.......7/16" IS BIGGEST SLIP-ON SPACER THEY SELL. DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT DOES MAKE A VISUAL DIFFERENCE. $12.95 A SET IN SUMMIT. SAFE WHEN USED WITH 2" STUDS. WHY DON'T YOU GIVE IT A TRY INSTEAD OF SPENDING A WEEKS PAY ON EXOTIC SPACERS.

INCIDENTLY, YOUR ARGUMENT CONCERNING THESE WHEELS RIDING AND SUPPORTED ON THE HUB IS TRUE IF YOU ARE USING GM WHEELS. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE BUY AFTERMARKET WHEELS? THEY HAVE ALL DIFFERENT SIZES OF SPACING FOR THE AXLE HUB. AFTERMARKET RIMS DON'T RIDE ON THE AXLE HUB AND THEREFORE ARE SUPPORTED SOLELY BY THE LUGSTUDS.

John......the problem with the 7/16" spacers that Summit sells is that they are diecast aluminum. There is no way they will handle the rigors of autocrossing. I did find Doug Rippie http://www.dougrippie.com/drm/wheel_components.htm
sells spacers for late model F bodies/Corvettes in 1/4", 1/2" and 5/8" :eek:
I am not sure if the inside diameter of the hub is the same, but the bolt pattern and other dimensions should be the same as our cars require. I might look into these.
No, I dont have a problem with spending the money for quality spacers. Btw, 1 weeks pay would buy me a lot of spacers :p :D ;)

redregal...

if you are buying a high quality wheel, usualy they will supply you with an insert that sits on the hub for a hubcentric wheel.
Not to say its the end of the world if it doesnt, thats just my experience

Evan

Originally posted by Datsunboy
redregal...

if you are buying a high quality wheel, usualy they will supply you with an insert that sits on the hub for a hubcentric wheel.
Not to say its the end of the world if it doesnt, thats just my experience

Evan

I USUALLY GET 'HAND ME DOWNS' SO I HAVE NO SUCH EXPERIENCE.:eek:

I am getting ready to replace my stock GN rims with the ones from Classic Industries(Honeycomb type). Is this the only company with sell these look alikes?

Originally posted by GNVAIR

To each his own. It you have a Buick and are using the GTA rims, then they sit inside the wheel well too far. :rolleyes:

Uhhh...i got 4 front GTA wheels and the look is awesome....nobody can tell a thing!!!!:rolleyes:

225/60/16 on the front and 255/60/16s on the back.....awesome look!!!!!

Originally posted by Vader 87

Uhhh...i got 4 front GTA wheels and the look is awesome....nobody can tell a thing!!!!:rolleyes:

225/60/16 on the front and 255/60/16s on the back.....awesome look!!!!!
I can tell. Actually, more than a few other people have said the same thing. They look like they are too far into the wheel well.

You guys suck! LOL I never noticed how far in the rears actually are and now that I look at it, it bugs the crap out of me. I also have the 4 fronts. I asked this question a while back but never got a good response. Does anybody know where to get GNX not GTA replica wheels?

I just found an ad in an older Mustang magazine for a place in Fraser, MI called "The Wheel Shoppe"
They advertised wheel repair-widen-narrow-chrome plate-polish of aluminum rims.
Their number has been disconnected, but it was 586-415-7171
address is 18011 E. 14 Mile, Fraser, MI 48026
Anyone in that area know if they are still around?