You can type here any text you want

ok wired speakers out of phase..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType84

cookin with propane
okay i bought some fx5's and wired them up...

of course i got one backwards... but im not sure which way is right, SOOOOo.. i have a red wire and a black wire with a red stripe... which one is positive.. im gonna assume the red one but just to be sure..

thanks guys!

Typically, yes...the red would be your positive. ACTUALLY, it makes no diiference as long as both speakers are the same. Which ever way sounds best...

Originally posted by TType84
of course i got one backwards... but im not sure which way is right, SOOOOo.. i have a red wire and a black wire with a red stripe... which one is positive.. im gonna assume the red one but just to be sure..

One sure fire way to test a speakers polarity is to take a 1.5 volt AA battery with a positive wire on the + side and a negative wire on the - side. Put the - wire from battery on the negative terminal (or what you think is -) of speaker and quickly pop the positive terminal of speaker with the + wire of battery. If the driver moves outward then it is "in phase" if it moves inward then it is "out of phase" and then wire it accordingly. This is primative technology but it works! :) I have seen a few speakers come from the factory wired backwards (even an amplifier) but it is very rare.

Back