You can type here any text you want

OMG....Ricers backed down!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
The car was running good tonight with the crisp, cool air and a 1/2 a tank of Sunoco 100 Octane. I was coming home from my buddy's house tonight on 91 South in East Windsor, and I see 3 sets of headlights zig-zagging thru traffic behind me. I'm in the middle lane....a coupla seconds later the 3 cars whizz by me doing about 90 mph in the fast lane. There was a 1st gen riced out Intrepid, a 2nd gen Eclipse and a 4dr 80's Accord, with an aluminum pedestal wing on the trunk :rolleyes:.
After all 3 of them passed I hopped over into the fast lane and punched it. Within seconds I was on the Accord's tail, and he promptly moved over to the slow lane and slowed down. Strange, I thought....they usually don't give up so easily. :confused:
Next up is the Eclipse. He's kinda stubborn and won't move over so I move back into the middle lane and effortlessly throttle by him. Last but not least is the Intrepid. This guy is just dangerous. He flies around a sweeping LH curve (right after you go over the CT river so you local guys know) at what had to be 120 mph, and drifted 3 lanes in the process. I slowed to about 90 for the curve and just as I neared the end of it I put the pedal to the floor, catch up to him and literally breeze by him like he hit the brakes (he didn't). :D
I get about and 1/8 of a mile ahead of him and slow to the speed limit. They all creep up and catch up to me and the Eclipse gets on it. He gets about a car length ahead of me and I respond by flooring it, whistling and roaring away from him again. I slow down again....now for the wierd part....that was the end of it. They just motored by, single file, politlely waiting for traffic....no fly by's....no middle fingers flying....no weaving thru traffic. :confused: They just gave up. WTF, did I intimidate them that bad? :D :cool:

Steve

ATTA BOY!

Well , from a ricers point of view of "speed" they figured its all about the "how fast i can run keep going" dodging in and out of traffic or just sustained speeds.. IE theres little or NO Torque to these little rice rockets! Which means they figured it was all over and Futile to show off once they realized you can downright Out-Accel them while still moving at say...50 or so. When was the last time anyone saw a ricer honda or any 1.6-2.0 lay a patch of rubber while already doing 70 mph? it's great fun doing it while in front of them! Sort of a "You Don't Want None!"...lol lets all keep up the ricer spankings They Deserve It!

OH BE WARNED!!! THE FAST AND THE FEEBLE...er uhh FURIOUS IS HAVING A SEQUEL!!!! HERE IN MIAMI!!!!! PRAY FOR US!!!

Black Box - I know that corner well "a sweeping LH curve (right after you go over the CT river so you local guys know)" but the speed "at what had to be 120 mph, and drifted 3 lanes in the process." is what kills.

SITHV6- "ricers point of view of "speed" they figured its all about the "how fast i can run keep going" dodging in and out of traffic or just sustained speeds."

I think to them it's like a video game. Speed becomes relative after a point at which it becomes driver skill or stupidity to sustain speed and not wreck.

momau3,
That corner just isn't friendly to G-bodies at high speeds. :) Or many other cars for that matter. It's got a decent banking to it but there's a small whoop-de-doo right near the middle of it in the far left lane that really unsettles the car. The thing that kills me is that it was the Intrepid that flew around it, not the Eclipse or the Accord.
About a year or two ago I was cruising around and noticed a freshly wrecked ricer sitting off on the side of the road after he lost it in that corner, on dry roads, so you know he was going way to fast and lost all grip. The car was all bunched up but the 2 guys that were in it had gotten out and were surveying the damage.
I will openly admit that back in my younger, wilder days I "tested" my '87 IROC at 120mph on that turn....it held like a charm, but the GN would end up off the road if I tried going that fast.

I guess there is some wisdom that is learned with age. :)

Black Box - "I will openly admit that back in my younger, wilder days I "tested" my '87 IROC at 120mph on that turn....it held like a charm"

Just a question for ya I had a GLH turbo "stock of course ;) " back in 1987 and ran an ice blue IROC up on I-91. Pulled on him bad wouldn't even pull up to me when I slowed that wasn't you was it?

Nope, wasn't me. Mine was Dark Red Metallic that I bought used in '89. Plus, I don't race that way, I give props when they are due. :)

Steve

That cool I used to do the same if I got beat or not. At that time '87 there wasn't much in the way of rice.

Peace

Re: ATTA BOY!

Originally posted by SITHV6

OH BE WARNED!!! THE FAST AND THE FEEBLE...er uhh FURIOUS IS HAVING A SEQUEL!!!! HERE IN MIAMI!!!!! PRAY FOR US!!!

I love showing those ricers here who relly is fast and furious.

BTW, your from Miami right? Have I met you? Have you ever been to tower shops in Davie or Fud's on US1?

Re: Re: ATTA BOY!

Originally posted by Turbojorge

I love showing those ricers here who relly is fast and furious.

BTW, your from Miami right? Have I met you? Have you ever been to tower shops in Davie or Fud's on US1?

I've normally gone to the fuds show on US1 but after i had my TR getting rebuilt i've sort of lost interest in going...i want to go to the tower shops show on the last friday of the month but i'm afraid of getting too damned depressed if i go and see everyone eles enjoying their turbo buicks and not me.={

i don't think we've met yet...i used to haunt saga bay often but again...with what? my v8 dakota?...lol i'm pretty hard to miss...i'm a disabled veteran that hobbles around like a Yoda looking for trouble, just look for a black BDU cap on my head. i missed this months tower meet but will definately make the fuds show this saturday. oh BTW i liked your comment about how your TRs cockpit looks like an F-16's considering i want to do the same to mine. i was an F-16 crew chief for 4 years.

Back