Omni beats GNX

1FASTLS1

Was driving my 86' omni (12.76@113) the other day and I bumped into a GNX (either a real GNX or a good look a like, rearend, fenders, louvers, etc) I had one friend with me and the guy in the GNX had one guy up front and two girls in the back. Also owning a 12.0 GN I know about them and I know how they run.
Anyways, I start to play aroung with him, assuming he will ignore me (remember Im in an Omni). To my surprise he did get on it a little but there was to much traffic. A mile or two down the road I followed him onto the highway. The traffic got cleared out and he went for it. I dropped into 3rd and put between 3-4 car lengths from 55-110. Now, the quarter mile time of the Omni isnt great, but going 113 mph through the traps it is equal to a high eleven second GN off a role.
So I keep cruising in front of him for 5-10 miles but no matter how slow I go he would not come back for more. So I decided to get off and slow down. He finally cruises on by but he and his passenger guy wont look over at me. But the two hotties in the back seat gave me thumbs up and smiled.
So, be careful with what you race when your trying to show off to the ladies. You never know when the little crappy sleeper will ruin your day with embarresement.

what mods are done to your omni?...and i seriously doubt that was a real GNX...people just don't drive them on the roads...there's many fake ones out there

D Omni

Any old timer Turbo Regal owner is aware of the lil Omni. The little
turbo version had spunk. Of course modded they could run just as fast as a TR. It's rare to see one today. There was one at E town in the early 90's and he layed the smackdown to a many TR'S.

Go Dodge power!!!

I remember the day when I used to race mustangs in my turbo Daytona. Those were good times.

Now the only thing my car does fast is rust :-(

Good kill. What are your mods on the lil GLH turbo? or is it a GLHS or a modded Omni?

I had a GLH turbo back in the day with some mods from direct connection. Not fast enough for a GN/TType; definately needed an intercooler and a good tranny to play with the modded big boys.

How do keep the tranny together? Had mine rebuilt twice.

GLH, GLHS are those anything like the Shelby Omni. A guy around the corner from where I used to live owned one. man that thing was cool.

The GLHS is the Shelby Omni I believe. Mid 5.x 0-60 and low 14s in the quarter bone stock if I remember. People always tell me that my car is an awesome sleeper, but I think the turbo Omnis are the all time sleepers, especially from a roll (where you encounter most prey).

Good kill man, I bet the girlies in the car were laughing their azzes off at the guy for the rest of the trip.

Uh oh...

Originally posted by blackbuick87
If you own an Omni and a GN, why are you 1FASTLS1?

I think definite questions regarding credibility are certainly in order. Research shows that he may have sold a TE 64 turbo and a set of GN seats, though further information is not yet available. Has an imposter has been revealed? Not even any replies yet, either...:p

And after a little detective work...

1fastLS1 begins to seem rather fishy. Check out his thread selling the turbo: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66459

The buyer is named "Rink", has only three posts (all of which are posted in this one thread) Registers after "1fastLS1" registers, no further activity...

Then I check the threads selling the seats. The first one:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54292

The second one:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59248

The conflicting statements...

I have 2 GN seats im selling for my roomate.

His name is darren and you can reach him at 269-321-0771.

Call me at 321-0771 to come look at. My name is darren.

Perjury clean and simple. Or maybe not. Could we be dealing with a split personality? Maybe "Rink" can shed some light on this?:rolleyes:
but now everybody knows his telephone number (try and be nice):D

Hey ncgreg231

Are you the guy otherwise known as "Black Car" or is that another Raleigh guy? If so, Mike McCoy told me you could make me a custom chip. If so, e-mail me what kind of settings you can put in the chip..... such as, lean cruise, etc.

sounds like a troll story to me. 113 for an omni glh turbo is quite a feat, pretty stout car to do that. oh and those daily driven gnx's, God i'm getting sick of hearing that. guys get this...the other day i was rolling around im my 1976 amc pacer. i rolled up on this phat gnx with one dude and 4 hot chicks. now my pacer runs 74 mph in the quarter so i knew this guy was gonna get schooled......i wonder if these guys realize how dumb they sound.

The conflicting statements...

I have 2 GN seats im selling for my roomate.

His name is darren and you can reach him at 269-321-0771.

Call me at 321-0771 to come look at. My name is darren.

could it be possable that his room mate has used his account in the past? i think so. just because that statement is conflictng it dont mean hes a troll. on the other hand whys he posting a kill on a gn board when he drives a omni, sounds like a troll to me there but who knows.

At least this story was written a little better. I dont mind if a troll comes in, just use English and write a decent story

can anyone read?

First of all my roomate has a computer and a screename so i use his. secondly if you would just chill out and see that i own an 87 gn that has ran a 12.0 you would see im not full of it and not trashing gn's. At least some of you know what a turbo omni with mods is capable of, especially off the roll which is where i was. As far as conflicting stories goes my roomates name whose screename this is is derek and my name is darren. he has a 98 LS1.

Nothing wrong with the Omni. You can use two user names on one computer

Anyways, how about some pics of the Omni. I have never seen a GLH before.

omni mods

Its a 86' omni with an 87 drivetrain in it, turbo II, stock block, enforcer III turbo, Indy intercooler, cam, ported head and intake, I run a 520 trans, but I really cant keep them together, normally I go through 2 or so a season, I have run 1.9 60', 8.5@89 1/8th and 12.76@113 1/4. There are a lot of these things going 12s, several running 11s and a turbo II K car in the tens
As far as my Buick goes I run a ta49 turbo(dropped back down from te64) front mount, 50 lb inj, 9" art carr conv, Cotton trans w/brake, heads have never been off. Ran 12.0@113 with stock trans, stock int, hoping to run in the 11.50-11.70 range with new stuff

pics

If you are interested in pics let me know I will e-mail them to you. Some of you guys spend entirely too much time on your computer. To back log all my past sales and what not, thats pretty scary. Shouldnt you be wrenching on your car or doing something cool and worth while.

wow i had never even heard of this omni car until now...i just looked it up on the internet...talk about an econo looking car that has some balls! i guess a modded omni could really beat a fairly stock GN...there are some GN owners out there that think they can beat everyone and they are only stock or near stock...so yeah this story is possible especially if that guy really had 4 people in the GN...that is over 4200 lbs of weight!:eek: