On Center Build questions

I actually have 2 different types of solid lifters . I most likely will go solid

You might need offset lifters for the on center engine anyway. I am running .110 off set isky tall body lifters in my engine.

Luckily that's what I have is a set of off set lifters . I am missing the bar that connects 2 lifters together . Where can I pick up a set

These are the lifters I have . Like I said I need the bars that connect them together like the one in the pic . Where can I pick them up when it comes time to deal with my valve train ?
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Awesome Neal !! I'll shoot u a PM when I start actually putting this thing together. How many do you have as I'm missing 5 of them .

Just Alil update I bought a set of used Pistons that should be here in a week or so . I can't believe I found a set that are 4.060 for a 3.625 stroke and a 6.500 rod.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 238
What head are you running now the TA's or S2? Also what turbo are you planning to run and how much power do you want to make?

JMO I would not take carrillo rods much past that point even the heavy duty ones.

Wiseco like to be on the loose side at 7-8 thou make sure you check the piston skirts. Also look closely at the pin bores and replace the pins with a good heavy wall pin dont worry about the pin weight. Personally, new pistons would have been something I would have spent the $$ on but I understand trying to get it together on a budget.

Dish looks shallow but it is also a 4.060 bore. If you run C16 I wouldn't worry about CR to much even up to 10:1,

Pistons came in today

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 222
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 223
Well decide to see what my clearness are on my mains today they all came in around .002-.0025

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    945.8 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 244
Good ol plastigage . I just wanted to see if I'm good with the bearing I bought . It still will be going to the machine shop to balance the Assymbly and assemble the short block

So I'm getting everything gathered up to take to the machine shop to have it balenced and the short block assembled . One question is if it is a internal balanced motor do I need to have the balencer when it is balenced or will I be okay with buying one later ? I still need a on center intake for production heads , to modify or buy a wet sump oil pan . 14 bolt head studs for TA heads , head gaskets .

Chris,

Since the motor is internally balanced the flywheel and balancer are neutral balanced. Since they are neutral balanced they don't add or subtract from the balance of the rotating assembly. You don't need to have them with you when you have the other parts balanced.

Neal