? on diy alky set-up

231rush

Would like to make and install my own diy alcohol injection system. I would like to run 11's on pump gas(94). Do you recomend using 1 line from the pump to 1 nozzle or.... take the 1 line from the pump and tee into it with a Y fitting to make 2 lines and set up 2 nozzles in the up-pipe for more spray and better atomization for the 11's. Which is recommended. THANKS in advance.:confused:

I'm sure you can run 11s with a single nozzle. Start off with a single and learn from there. If you feel at some point you need a second stage, not just two nozzles, go for it.

He said 11's not 10's :D

My bad, I'm assuming he's using a shureflow pump and not running 130 MPH traps... ;)

My combo is with a te44, d5 2800 stall, ported heads, 62 t/b., stock headers & dump tube, 36lb inj.. 210-205 cam, bgc stock location intercooler, forged pistons. That's about it. With the converter un-locked boost 22lbs on m&h street tires I've run 11.7 at 117 mph using a RA 108 chip. This is with a fully loaded t-top regal & c16. Would like to do this time and boost on pump gas. Was just thinking instead of one big spray jet & nozzle go with 2 smaller jets & nozzles for better atomization and equal or better flow. I will run the surflow (sp) pump everyone likes. Thanks again.:)

I am thinking you will have a much better chance than me in doing it. :)

Your idea is sound, first time at the track I would put some GT100 in the tank just to be on the safe side.

Might want to lock the D5 in 3rd gear if you are a tick or two away from your goal. ;)

I'd drop timing down and up the boost a couple pounds to make up for the loss in timing and run a single nozzle.

117 is moving nicely :), but remember alky and race gas are two different tunes.. One needs the timing, the other needs the boost to make power.

You can do the et and MPH no problem.. but not on identical tune-ups...usually/typically

And it may end up your car responds well to the alcohol and race chip..and can run it as is.. but I always recommend starting with a low timing chip and work your way from there.

HTH

That's what I will try. A lower timing chip and more boost. I now have 50lb inj. to go in so no more holding back on boost. RAZOR is that your alky website, if so I'll be in touch with you after x-mas for a controller and advice. Thanks. By the way do you recommend using a custom burnt chip for alky for best results or a regular low timing street chip. When I race I push my car to it's limit at that time.

Yup thats mine..

The regular chip gets you close, you cannot replace a custom chip with a generic.. but it at leat gives you a starting point. Once you max out the regular chip..then you have to find the weakness and tweak from there. there is no drop it in and be done with it chip..

Any questions..ask..we are here to help..

Julio