? on putting my head back on.

JDSfastGN

Ok guys I recently took off my intake manifold to get it ported and to also figure out why my EGR was not functional. Well after the EGR came off, I found out that when I had my heads ported and polished they welded up the EGR ports and then drilled the hole in the head. Well the head with the hole was on the passenger side.:rolleyes: So I removed my drivers side head to get it drilled. Any ways my question is regarding getting my head back on. Does anybody have a link to any how tos on GNTTYPE.org? I looked but couldn't find one. I have cleaned all my mating surfaces and everything is ready to go. What kinda thread sealant do I need? I'm re-using my ARP head bolts that have 1500 miles on them. Do I need to put 30 wt oil on the threads for proper torque readings? And do I have to put the intake on at the same time and go back and forth torqing the bolts down or can I just put the head on and torque it down in increments to the 85 ft lbs? I was planning on torquing the heads down at 10 # increments all the way to 80#s and letting it sit overnight then loosening 1/4 turn and retightening and doing that a couple more times and finally get it to the recomended 85 ft lbs. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Getting the head off I had to use a swivel on a couple of bolts and I know that using it to torque the head down would skew the readings , is there any way around this or can I get to the last bolt with out a swivel if I jack the motor up? Thanks a lot guys.

I was able to use a deep socket on my torque wrench to reach the tougher bolts on the passenger side. I had the handle pointing forward with the wrench running paralell to the head.