You can type here any text you want

open loop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NC87GN

johnny boost
Looking for the ability to take a nomally closed loop chip to open loop chip all the time. I've been experimenting with a couple things (different patches) but no luck. Please help if anyone is able to do so. If you want please e-mail me privately.. TIA

Mike Banas
mbanas@triad.rr.com
87GN

Mike, have you tried taking $405 to FF (Temp threshold for closed loop)? That will permanently shut off closed loop.

Regards,
Eric

One thing to mention, if you have no way of monitoring AF, might I suggest either assemble and use a wideband O2, or run in closed loop until your BLM grid is perfect, THEN run open loop and tweak MAF tables to get the desired idle/etc result.

Without the computer helping you, and no way to accurately monitor AF, you're playing russian roulette

Jim is right on the money, w/o a wideband you have nothing to go off of while in cruise except for the BL map before you goto the open loop chip and even then things could be way off. Once you make a OL chip the BL map is gonna be allset to 128's and will never change while its running.

When my map looked decent +-10 from 128 for most all cells and leaving the OL A/F to its factory setting(14.7), on my first drive logging Wideband O2's into Direct Scan I found that I was at about 12.7:1 running 72 mph so it took a bit of work to get the maf tables worked out. You also have to remember if you never go into closed loop then all your cold air fuel trims stay active along with the LV8 fuel trims. Both of these get turned off when your closed loop chip goes into closed loop so you could have a lot more fuel then you think if your expecting it to run at the OL commanded 14.7 value in the chip.

FYI

Thats a nice chunk of info :) Thanks Dennis and Eric for making that available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Back