Operation: Trackday

Need to do something with this firewall. It looked ok while the car was together but when you look close theres definitely room for improvement! Im going to move the grounds and weld up a few spots that I dont need anymore.
firewall1.JPG
firewall3.JPG
firewall notes.JPG

Finished up the firewall this week. I sprayed Eastwood "Ceramic chassis black" for the top coat. I bought this paint to eventually coat the frame but I figured id try it on the firewall. It has more sheen than I wanted, I was hoping for more of a flat finish but it will work. Before and after........
firewall2.JPG
firewall paint.JPG
chassis black.JPG

Awesome work...something I noticed...tell me about the breathers/catch cans you have under the hood

-Dan

Awesome work...something I noticed...tell me about the breathers/catch cans you have under the hood

-Dan
Thanks guys, the tanks on the firewall are just valve cover breathers, I made one for each valve cover just because I had a ton of room after I got rid of the GIGANTIC stock heater box. I now run a Vintage Air heater/defrost kit that fits under the dash (about the size of a shoe box). Im running -10AN lines to each valve cover for the breathers and I run -10AN coolant lines to the aftermarket heater via bulkheads in the a/c delete plate.
breather raw.jpg
breather black.jpg
breather 3.jpg

Man what a cool project. Your fab skills are great. Very nice work!

Started working on my frame finally. First thing I did was box the frame rails with 1/8'' plate.
frame box cell1.jpg
frame box cell2.jpg
frame box3.JPG

The first part of this project that I outsourced was sandblasting the frame. It took the guy a month but I finally got it back blasted to bare metal!
bare frame.jpg