You can type here any text you want

Opinion needed for choice of 3:73 or 3:42

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I have two 8.5 rears. One is sold. One is under my 84gn which will be a go fast car more on street than strip. It's obviously the 3:42. Person I am selling to just needs the housing so gearing is of no concern. This gives me the choice of either. I run a 3:42 in a Buick powered cutlass of mine with Lonnie's 2004r so I know what to expect from 3:42. So will there be a good difference to be noticed?

The GN will remain a hot air car with quite a few mods
There will be stall converter work
The transmission is a rebuilt unit just purchased from Bob he on the forums.

The 3.73 gars will make it quicker off the line but if you plan on using the car in the quarter you'll loose top end. On an 1/8 mile track you'll pick some time up but be slower and at a higher RPM in the quarter. In cruising you'll loose some mileage but if you don't drive it on the highway then it wouldn't be a concern.

So as Charlie pointed out, your local track(s) 1/8th or 1/4 ? You looking to do a dragweek or power tour? Take it on extended hiway runs?

I like a 3.42 . I'd go with that but my close track is eighth but I like to drive it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back